ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Xenons

Tangoed Works
Just buy the Xenon light assembley and plug them in. I believe all the ballasts are attached to the underside of the light units.

do as jay suggested, buy the actual renault units. most would advise against after market sets as the trophies are lim editions so putting in new wires will devalue the car. the renault units are swap, plug and play so can be easily put back to standard when you come to sell the car.

jamie

172 Cup (track) FS
anyone know the weight difference (if any) between the standard units and xenons ?

dCi 100
No, the automatic leveling sensor is in the back axle.
The ballast are used to fire up the xenon gas, and then maintain the light going ;)

Cheers,
J!

172 Cup (track) FS
forgive me for another question here, as I'm only used to VAG stuff with Xenons.

as mentioned, the xenons use a levelling sensor on the back axle.

would this need to be fitted as part of a standard > xenon lights upgrade ? Or do the standard lights also use a levelling sensor ?

in a nutshell - can I modify a stock 172 Cup to have xenons ?

thanks.

Rsport182Cup'd
standard lights have an adjuster on lower right side near ignition to change light up and down, sport dont have this it is just automatico, should be able to mod it though IMO

BMW M135i
forgive me for another question here, as I'm only used to VAG stuff with Xenons.

would this need to be fitted as part of a standard > xenon lights upgrade ? Or do the standard lights also use a levelling sensor ?

thanks.

No you don't need to worry about the self leveling, the only difference is that your still be able to adjust the headlight on the dash whereas when factory fitted they auto level. Retro-fitting it isn't worth even thinking about due to cost involved.

So yup, a 172 Cup can have xenons fitted just as easily and any other Mk2 Ph2/3/4 clio can. Plug and play. Definetly one of the best mods i've done.

IMG_0374.JPG

dont tell the people bidding on these but they are broken. look how low the "iris" lens is, too low, meaning the luggs that hold the lens in place are broken so the lens is resting on the internal plastics (common occurance if ripped out or involved in a bump). this means, like my original set, the lens for the main beam and the sidelight and high beam will shake, even with just engine vibrations.

in terms of adjustment, there is a white plastic allen key bolt on the units at the back which controls the height and side to side luggs. this can be adjusted with the correct allen key and therefore adjusted up/down/side to side.

jamie

thanks.

No you don't need to worry about the self leveling, the only difference is that your still be able to adjust the headlight on the dash whereas when factory fitted they auto level. Retro-fitting it isn't worth even thinking about due to cost involved.

So yup, a 172 Cup can have xenons fitted just as easily and any other Mk2 Ph2/3/4 clio can. Plug and play. Definetly one of the best mods i've done.

IMG_0374.JPG

Were did you get your Xenons from, and how much ?

172 Cup (track) FS
bmh.01 - you mention that a retrofit is possible (and fairly easy) then say it's not worth it due to the cost- then you mention the units cost you £160.

Seems pretty reasonable to me :S

C

clio172cup20

I want some xenons!!!!
ReNo was going to charge me £380 for the units.

Anyone selling some?!?!