ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

‘Claud’ The RB 182

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
The best clio I’ve driven on the road was a flame red one I had. BC Coilovers, 20mm spacers and a RARB - it just handled so so well. I’d even argue it was comfier than a standard one. Excellent choice.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
The best clio I’ve driven on the road was a flame red one I had. BC Coilovers, 20mm spacers and a RARB - it just handled so so well. I’d even argue it was comfier than a standard one. Excellent choice.

I’m really looking forward to getting everything on it😍

Audi TT RS Clio 182
I missed the post on Seats, I went to Demon tweeks and sat in them all, I eneded up with the Sabelt ones for size and comfort. Plus I don't hate all the "matching" Sabelt stuff in my Baguette 377649289_1024808338963854_4692135751076096967_n.jpg

Audi TT RS Clio 182
They look decent too, I don't think Demon Tweeks stocks these so havent tried them. I was set on recaros, but I didn't find them very comfortable.
I'm tinkering with the seat position atm, got a 40mm steering wheel spacer on my Xmas list

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
They look decent too, I don't think Demon Tweeks stocks these so havent tried them. I was set on recaros, but I didn't find them very comfortable.
I'm tinkering with the seat position atm, got a 40mm steering wheel spacer on my Xmas list

I am not usually a fan of coloured seats, but I think it'll be a nice 'lift' for the 182 interior and tie in with the wheel/paint

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
When are the seats going in? Keen to see the results!

Hopefully early Jan.

Jan 5th
Coilovers
Camber bolts
Anti Roll bar
Hel brake lines

Hoping to have time to get the seats in as well mate.

Front end respray is happening early jan as well now due to my pal (the sprayer) being very busy.

ldubl

ClioSport Club Member
So, plans at the moment, although undecided exactly are

- full front end respray and re ceramic coated.
- got a few tiny dings getting removed in the next few weeks.
- sort the headlights out.
- clean or replace interior trims (window buttons etc (as sticky)… any recommendations?
- replace drivers inner door handle.
- carbon splitter .
- front pads and discs are brand new (Godspeed and PBS pads).
- rear pads need doing (ordered).
- braided lines (not sure on what colour?)
- oil filter (oem) and new plugs and washers.
- fluids change (thinking millers for the motor and rbf700 for the brakes as I have tonnes of it. Any gearbox oil recommendations?
- get it up on a ramp and clean and treat the underside.
- going to store the turinis and put some Speedline 2118’s on but not sure whether to go for anthracite or white ?
- decent coilovers.
- check and replace any bushes.
Full alignment with camber bolts and shims.
- Buckets.
- potentially a half cage.

Everything to be reversible and I’ll keep all of the stock items.

Any comments welcomed as always

Have you seen the 2118s K-Tec sell?

2kg lighter than standard ones 👍🏻

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Have you seen the 2118s K-Tec sell?

2kg lighter than standard ones 👍🏻

I was looking at them the other day funnily enough. Not sure if I’d notice the weight though ….

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Nice mate,im looking to change my B14s for the BC's.What spring rate did you go for?
6/8 with spare (stiffer) springs for the time being

Will be installing roll centre correction kit as well. I am lucky in that my brother in law is one of the best suspension set up outfits in the country. So fairly easy for me to change anything

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
6/8 with spare (stiffer) springs for the time being

Will be installing roll centre correction kit as well. I am lucky in that my brother in law is one of the best suspension set up outfits in the country. So fairly easy for me to change anything
Nice mate,i have the roll centre kit also.I need to get mine corner weighed once i have the bc's on.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
When are the seats going in? Keen to see the results!

Just an update on this. Seats should be going in next week as previously mentioned.

The side mounts supplied with the seat weigh a tonne, which is a shame because the seat is feather weight. I am running some cobra side mounts instead as they are literally half the weight of the Corbeau ones

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Going to put something on to cover the thread? They do sleeves iirc?

Unsure yet. Seen mixed reviews with regard to covers?

It’s not like the car will generally see bad weather and I imagine the shocks will be out half regularly anyway

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Ah leave it then, I’ve heard mixed reviews also, regarding trapping the s**t in?
Ive had covers on my Ast's from new, and still looking mint when i recently had a look in. Not used in winter however but wet use in summer.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Just the rear seats removed from mine, like yours.

I've got the Corbeau alloy side mounts, but just looked on their site and they don't appear to do them now :unsure:

My seats came with them as part of the deal from Corbeau.

Took the opportunity to acf the underside whilst I was under it as well