ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

03 MK2 Clio 1.5 Diesel Project

Clio II PH1 1.4
about the springs, a diesel engine is very heavy compared to something like a 1.4 petrol engine, obviously the more weight on the front is squashing the springs down more so it looks lower :) i was thinking, 'whys that clio lower than mine, ive got 70mm springs fitted and doesnt sit that low' then i remembered haha:) coming along nicely anyway mate

Cleaned the baby the other day and took a few photos :)

DSC_0138_zpsdb8ffb17.jpg

8_zps0d083540.jpg

DSC_0155_zps8d427ed4.jpg

Hope you like the photos'. Having a custom exhaust fitted in a few weeks.

BG DCI
Currently in pro speed having a decat straight through exhaust made :)

Without a map?... You wont see much performance gains or a better sounds really..

Seems ALOT of money for a custom exhaust and decat on a DCI!

You were on the right path until here as the car was looking ok apart from the drums in red!

Without a map?... You wont see much performance gains or a better sounds really..

Seems ALOT of money for a custom exhaust and decat on a DCI!

You were on the right path until here as the car was looking ok apart from the drums in red!

Remap is next on the list and will only cost £150.

It WAS NOT a waste of money it sounds amazing and looks superb!

It decat system only cost £270 so its not expensive at all.

BG DCI
Is your friend mapping it on his laptop for £150? Never seen a decent map for that sort of money

Sounds amazing to you so that the important thing I guess! Each to their own

Looks superb? What finish is it? stealth system? single tip?

Is your friend mapping it on his laptop for £150? Never seen a decent map for that sort of money

Sounds amazing to you so that the important thing I guess! Each to their own

Looks superb? What finish is it? stealth system? single tip?

No. I get discounts and stuff.

Even my mate said it sounds good for a diesel.

20140110_135155_zpszlil3xpt.jpg

Arctic 182FF
Got any videos of the exhaust? I'm looking for something to make my diesel sound better apart from turning the radio up.

Many.
Without a map?... You wont see much performance gains or a better sounds really.

What the f**k have you been smoking.

A decat makes a fair noticeable differance on a standard 65 DCi. I know, as I didn't expect it to make any differance and then noticed a huge differance. Noise changes too, as you'd expect considering its flowing much better.

@ModMySam is it straight through or with boxes? Mines the latter and don't sound too bad for a diesel really.
Remap will massively improve it, but get a intercooler first.

What the f**k have you been smoking.

A decat makes a fair noticeable differance on a standard 65 DCi. I know, as I didn't expect it to make any differance and then noticed a huge differance. Noise changes too, as you'd expect considering its flowing much better.

@ModMySam is it straight through or with boxes? Mines the latter and don't sound too bad for a diesel really.
Remap will massively improve it, but get a intercooler first.

Thank you for putting him straight :)
Its a straight through, the cat is still on there but has been hollowed out and has a pipe running through it so it will pass mot no problem.

Got any videos of the exhaust? I'm looking for something to make my diesel sound better apart from turning the radio up.

I will get a decent video soon for you :) it will sound lovely with a decat and mine is a nice volume not too loud but not quiet.

Speak to charlie at prospeed he knows his stuff and will do you a great deal for being a member here!

BG DCI
I don't see how a diesel sounds lovely? sounds like a tranny van surely?

This. Its never going to sounds fantastic, just better than standard I suppose..

And with regards to the exhaust, the base map on the car is told to run with the standard exhaust and flow. There maybe a small difference but to say you noticed a 'huge' difference with just a decat on a 65 is ridiculous..

Many.
This. Its never going to sounds fantastic, just better than standard I suppose..

And with regards to the exhaust, the base map on the car is told to run with the standard exhaust and flow. There maybe a small difference but to say you noticed a 'huge' difference with just a decat on a 65 is ridiculous..

Standard you can't hear any exhaust note, as per any Diesel, but now exhaust note is better than engine noise. And it really doesn't sound like a "tranny van", once on boost its just a whistle/humm really. See video of mine further up.

If its flowing better, the turbo can spool up quicker and get to the point of the wastegate opening earlier, the ecu can easily detect the sudden turbo spooling and chuck more fuel in sooner. Best results it needs a remap yes, but a decat does make a huge difference, If you don't believe me, You're welcome to drive mine vs a standard 65. Also Its being RR'ed at the surry day, and I had it RR'ed completely standard so can compare graphs, and power.

If its flowing better, the turbo can spool up quicker and get to the point of the wastegate opening earlier, the ecu can easily detect the sudden turbo spooling and chuck more fuel in sooner. Best results it needs a remap yes, but a decat does make a huge difference, If you don't believe me, You're welcome to drive mine vs a standard 65. Also Its being RR'ed at the surry day, and I had it RR'ed completely standard so can compare graphs, and power.

Thanks for backing me up, people don't seem to think much of diesels on here. It does feel quite different and more responsive with the new exhaust, one of the guys at prospeed showed me part of the cat had been blocked up which was worse on emissions than a decat.

Thanks for backing me up, people don't seem to think much of diesels on here. It does feel quite different and more responsive with the new exhaust, one of the guys at prospeed showed me part of the cat had been blocked up which was worse on emissions than a decat.

Never said that I didn't think much of them, I respect diesels quite a bit actually.

I just don't think they sound 'Nice', I don't think the petrol clio's sound amazing either but each to their own.

Never said that I didn't think much of them, I respect diesels quite a bit actually.

I just don't think they sound 'Nice', I don't think the petrol clio's sound amazing either but each to their own.

Thats fair enough mate like you said each to there own, i happen to love the sound of my diesel but I know a petrol sounds a lot better and my next car will be petrol and im really looking forward to it.