ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

'05 LY RS Clio 182

Disastra Coupe
Re: My New 2005 Liquid Yellow Clio 182

Looks smart. Personally would prefer dark wheels on it. But that's just my opinion.

How come you removed the sidelight bulb's? To get rid of the yellow light? How about LED bulb's for the sidelight's? That's what i've done and looks a million times better.

Would love a LY! :)

J@Y

Clio 182 and CBR 600

Very tidy car that. Love the colour and you've done a great job cleaning it!

Out of interest, why have you removed the side lights?

:cool: hids direct

SAM_0623.jpg

SAM_0626.jpg

SAM_0644.jpg

Old bulbs had seen better days

SAM_0645.jpg

Nicely detango'd

SAM_0647.jpg

Got some flat blades, not sure what the old wipers were warning me of !? lol

SAM_0639.jpg

SAM_0641.jpg

SAM_0643.jpg

And fitted the 6000k xenon bulbs, such a great difference and loads brighter over standard!

SAM_0653.jpg

SAM_0654.jpg

SAM_0655.jpg

Quick wash

SAM_0662.jpg

SAM_0666.jpg

SAM_0685.jpg

SAM_0701.jpg

:eek:

and some rather poor pictures of them at night

SAM_0710.jpg

SAM_0712.jpg

Hardly do them justice but hey hooo.....

Splitter next when the rain dies off!

A3 2.0TFSI QUATTRO

Did you take your bumper off to do the bulbs ?? Ive got some 6000k's to go in also but didnt want to take bumper off just for a pair of bulbs

Stripped yozza'd cup

Looks WONDERFUL..... Liquid yellow is the best colour that has ever been offered on any car.

As said, cup packs on the 182 are pretty pointless if you're changing suspension anyway. Only a splitter and a spoiler, both of which you can buy if you really want them.

Definitely needs darker wheels though... anthracite to match the diamond i suppose!

As a last point, respect for being a girl and having good taste in cars.

Did you take your bumper off to do the bulbs ?? Ive got some 6000k's to go in also but didnt want to take bumper off just for a pair of bulbs

You don't need to remove the bumper to do it but it makes it easier if your familiar with it. Did it with the flamer but didn't with the LY :)

Looks WONDERFUL..... Liquid yellow is the best colour that has ever been offered on any car.

As said, cup packs on the 182 are pretty pointless if you're changing suspension anyway. Only a splitter and a spoiler, both of which you can buy if you really want them.

Definitely needs darker wheels though... anthracite to match the diamond i suppose!

As a last point, respect for being a girl and having good taste in cars.

Thanks jack :eek: I do like my cars and since my old RS clio I had to own another!

I have a splitter for it but its a bit cold at the mo!

Black Gold Trophy

looks very nice, congratulations on a good purchase! Good mods so far too.

I think anthracite or black wheels will suit it nicely and a cup spoiler may seem expensive but once you fit one you'll never regret it!
I cant believe the original buyer spent £1200 or whatever it was to have LY paint but wouldn't pay the extra for the cup packs? Madness!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator

This looks bloody lovely, only thing that makes the lack of cup packs better is the silver wheels, think they look so much more fresh than the antracite ones.

yea im undecided if they are staying silver or going darker. they need a refurb either way if i dont find some turinis :)

she was a middle aged lady so the cup packs prob didnt appeal to her lol

Inferno 182 & Saxo

Looks really nice, one of the rarer colours. How did you manage to get 40+mpg out of it??!

Stripped yozza'd cup

Looks really nice, one of the rarer colours. How did you manage to get 40+mpg out of it??!

I got 38mpg out of my 172 cup on the way back fron nottingham. Wasn't driving with a feather right foot either.

S2 106 GTI

Nice! what make are your wipers as I am needing some!

Also silvervisions where did you get them form?

Clio Sport 172

I FCUKING LOVE LIQUID YELLOW!!! Very nice mate..... Looks well looked after!

ive already got a bmc cda on there ;) from my partners car as it is off the road! love the sound of it

got them fro wiperblades.co.uk, £12 for a pair or something and they're faultless.

S2 106 GTI

How do you find the wipers? good! as I did have some BOSH ones but for the price of them.. are they worth paying that?

Little £10 mod which the car really needed and has made the front end nice and complete!

Cheers Skoda :cool: Dewalt drill, few dumpy self tappers, the dremel to trim the ends =

SAM_0753.jpg

SAM_0755.jpg

SAM_0756.jpg

SAM_0759.jpg

:evil:

SAM_0760.jpg

hello strangers! hows the old flamer? that was totally random seeing you in the airport back in june, shocked you recognised us especially out of the hundreds of people you must have seen that day! impressive :p i take you still have the flamer? :)

Flame red 172
Yep still have the flamer :)) still looks amazing, although I would quite like to get an anthracite badge like on you LY! Were did you get that from?

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6

Yep still have the flamer :)) still looks amazing, although I would quite like to get an anthracite badge like on you LY! Were did you get that from?

Paint it?

Had to do a little repair from the previous owners!

DSC03838.jpg

:cool:
DSC03839.jpg

DSC03840.jpg

Then a wash

DSC03843.jpg

Is there anyway of changing my thread title as its not new anymore lol. cheers :rasp:

A nice little new year update on the Clio, starting to feel like my own now ;)

Starting with...

SAM_1178.jpg

SAM_1207.jpg

Something I mean't to do on all my other Clio's, many others I'm sure need to as well lol

SAM_1171.jpg

SAM_1179.jpg

C2 Aerial

SAM_1175.jpg

Later spec Renault Sport boot badge

SAM_1172.jpg

Cargo net

SAM_1194.jpg

So...

SAM_1176.jpg

Old badge had to go IMO as it looks a bit big

SAM_1182.jpg

Lots of tar remover, clay bar, polish, wax, wax and wax!

SAM_1191.jpg

SAM_1192.jpg

Also fitted these, which I know people on here may choose to disapprove, but I really don't see the problem :cool:

SAM_1181.jpg

With all the new bits on.... Time for some photo whoring.... (lots) :eek:

SAM_1209.jpg

SAM_1213.jpg

SAM_1216.jpg

SAM_1217.jpg

SAM_1224.jpg

SAM_1230.jpg

SAM_1242.jpg

SAM_1243.jpg

SAM_1238.jpg

SAM_1233.jpg

SAM_1236.jpg

SAM_1234.jpg

SAM_1232.jpg

And finally a few showing off the colour and paint

SAM_1258.jpg

SAM_1261.jpg

SAM_1254.jpg

SAM_1257.jpg

....lol, as the first page states, more plans on the way :)