ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 16 v clutch

1.2 16v Dynamique.
Hi folks. Need to change the clutch on my mk2 ph2 1.2 16v and just checking that I can do it with leaving the engine. Back in the day when I was a technician in the motor trade, Clio's had to have both engine and box out but just want to check with you experts first :approve:

Thanks

Megane dci 130
iirc the willys and 1.8 16v's the engine had to be lifted. There a peice of piss on the 1.2, everything is! Drop the subframe and your away.

iirc the willys and 1.8 16v's the engine had to be lifted. There a peice of piss on the 1.2, everything is! Drop the subframe and your away.

you don't even need to drop the subframe when i changed my gearbox and clutch i did it through the top it's a tight fit but does go through.

thanks carl

1.2 16v Dynamique.
you don't even need to drop the subframe when i changed my gearbox and clutch i did it through the top it's a tight fit but does go through.

thanks carl

I was wondering if you could do that actually. Get the box out just enough to get the clutch and bearing done. Would save me taking the sub-frame out etc.

Also, does anyone know off hand what the correct gearbox oil is for this car ?

Thanks again

1.2 16v Dynamique.

Your not wrong there ! Everything is so easy to do on this car. I have my brothers Mk2 Ph1 at the minute and was thinking of buying it off him. Its rapid and looks great in black :D

1.2 16v Dynamique.
Clutch out now. No need for sub-frame to come out either. If you remove the two studs which the box go over (for bellhousing nuts) the box comes back enough and gives you a good angle to take the clutch and thrust bearing out comfortably. I love 1.2 16v's. Not quick, but so easy to work on !