ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 16v starting fault

Ozzed Clio
when startin my car it judders as if to stall but dosent stall. it is like on the old cars when u hadnt pulled out the choke enough. when it has done its little hissy fit it drives fine. any ideas?

Ozzed Clio
i changed the coilpack, leads and spark plugs but its still doin it. only happens when u start it and settles down as it warms up

Ozzed Clio
been trying some things to see if it cures the fault and found that it i press the accel pedal a bit before i start it then it dosent happen. im puzzled???

Mercedes C320!
mine did the same thing and i just took the throttle valve out cleaned it up and its been fine every since. I have also done it on a few other cars and it has fixed it. seems to be a problem with the 1.2 16v it just seems they get coked up.

Ozzed Clio
where do you find it mate. sounds good to me, will give anything a go ryt now as it is gettin to be annoying. put a pic up if ya can please :)

172 rep
mine did this, was a t**t to start always juddery but then once it started it drove fine.

Turned out to be the head gasket, probably not what you wanted to hear!

T

thecremeegg

mine did this, was a tw*t to start always juddery but then once it started it drove fine.

Turned out to be the head gasket, probably not what you wanted to hear!

yup mine has just done this, gone kapoot today