ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 2002 clio into how i want it :) Pic heavy

Toyota MR2
Thought id get a thread up of how my car was when i bought it and what i have done to is since in the last 4 months.

here it goes:

The day i bought it.
IMGP0001.gif

IMGP0005.gif

IMGP0004.gif

Painted brakes and fitted black rear lights and chrome side repeaters
DSCF0971.gif

DSCF0972.gif

Then came my first attempted at a boot install LOL

DSCF0980.gif

Next was an RS front grille
IMGP0004-1.gif

and tinted windows

IMGP0003-1.gif

then came the black badge

DSCF1028.gif

Sprayed engine bits:

DSCF0994.gif

A new spoiler & the rear lowered 60mm
DSCF1026.gif

DSCF1019.gif

then i ditched the sub boxes for this & also fitted 6x9s to the parcel shelf (no pic)
DSCF6067.jpg

CLIO gone.

DSCF6072.gif

Smoothed and painted gloss black ( door strips are going to be this as well)
DSCF6070.gif

Wheels refurbed
DSCF6063.gif

Done:

DSCF6075.gif

Fabia VRS
Dont really like the spoiler mate.. you should try and fine a dynamic spoiler.
But im so glad u got rid of the clio !

Other than that, looks tidy mate. Any more mods for the future?

Toyota MR2
Plans to follow are.

Spray side strips Gloss black.

Sort front and rear 182 bumpers out Spraying and fitting

Spray fog surrounds gloss black.

Lower on Hot tunings coilovers 90mm rear 80mm front.

Then at some point fit my side skirts.

plans after that might include re-spraying the alloys again gloss black (4months time)

Gloss black bonnet.

Possibly mirror covers gloss black to.

Ha, You got me then. Still i think its a s**t sticker, You should earn the nurburgring sticker imo.

Take the rear window stickers off imo, Get some better alloys and paint the rear drums black.

You have way way way too much going on, Looks like a halfords circus.

Toyota MR2
Ha, You got me then. Still i think its a s**t sticker, You should earn the nurburgring sticker imo.

Take the rear window stickers off imo, Get some better alloys and paint the rear drums black.

You have way way way too much going on, Looks like a halfords circus.

firstly if ur guna paint ur drums black u might as well just not bother. waste of money. if i had the money i would get better alloys. Thus why i refurbished them instead. will do me for a few months.:)

My drums are black, That way they dont look s**t, Definatly not a waste of money a fiver for some black hammerite paint. Fair play on the alloys. The whole car isnt my taste at all though.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Some nice little touches matey, although I'm not keen on the alloys. Sooo glad you got rid of the huge Clio decal.

2000 1.4
Spoiler horrible, alloys horrible, decals and stickers horrible, wheels horrible, rear lights horrible, apart from all them its pretty cool.

Albi blue 197
what did you use to paint your engine cover ? u just primer then heat resistant paint ?

Toyota MR2
what did you use to paint your engine cover ? u just primer then heat resistant paint ?

Yeh and lacquer i think. was ages ago so car really remember lol.

come to think of it i don't think i primed the surface in the first place. Finish was Perfect tho. heat resistant paint does work slightly differently.

Toyota MR2
I'd lose the tints, rear lights, and stickers if im honest!

Im going for the silver and gloss black look. Want to see how it all works out. If i dont like it then they will all go. Its getting an rs Kit and going to be low. i want it to be different stand out a bit. Black tints are allways handy in the back anyways ;)

Not sure on those alloys, it may be the big red drum brake though, would get that painted black.
Not really a huge fan of the lights either, maybe smoke them?
Other than that looks good! :)

Breaking mk2 DCI
Black drums = cuz drums arent to be proud of

Silver calipers = lookes well maintained but not OTT

lose the stickers = less is more

if your painting your rubstrips go colour coded like the 1*2's , dont you think they look better,

and put the old spoiler back on and colour code it

tints are nice tho, and RS grille is too

BTW, ive had bigs wheels and red drums in the past, and stickers on windows,

but never put a ring sticker on my car and ive been!

Toyota MR2
the rub strips would look better. if i kept the car silver. but i want to do a gloss black bonnet and mirror covers. so inserts on the bumpers and doors gloss black. with gloss black wheels will look better. especially when its Super low.

Breaking mk2 DCI
the rub strips would look better. if i kept the car silver. but i want to do a gloss black bonnet and mirror covers. so inserts on the bumpers and doors gloss black. with gloss black wheels will look better. especially when its Super low.

i have a gloss black bonnet which i want to paint back to silver so if its cash my way abit i'll swap ya

Clio mk2 ph2
Loose all those 16v badges and decals in my opinion. Get spoiler sprayed to match car, not bad tho boyo

Coiley'd Clio PH2
Nice bit trip to halfords by the looks of it.
Wheels like that do not suit the car at all!
Multi spokes or wider spoked wheels would suit it much better, hides the drums and small brakes a lot more. Paint them silver or black.
Get rid of the number plate surround and all the badges.... just looks tacky.
Ditch the spoiler and get a cup one.
Get rid of those horrible rear lights aswell!

Otherwise.... good effort with removing the big clio sticker on the side.

Also, you said you lowered the rear 60mm, did you not bother with the front....?

Titanium 182
I don't mean to be harsh, and it does look like your first car but..

You will understand what I mean in 3-4 years when you look back at pictures of it, I honestly think; de-tinting, taking off the daft lights and sport badges, and painting the callipers and drums satin black, coupled with maybe some standard wheels would make it look 100 times better.

And I bet you would think so too once it was done.

The engine bay is ok, apart from the 16v badge.