ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 2002 clio into how i want it :) Pic heavy

bmw e92 330d '09
I don't mean to be harsh, and it does look like your first car but..

You will understand what I mean in 3-4 years when you look back at pictures of it, I honestly think; de-tinting, taking off the daft lights and sport badges, and painting the callipers and drums satin black, coupled with maybe some standard wheels would make it look 100 times better.

And I bet you would think so too once it was done.

The engine bay is ok, apart from the 16v badge.

yeah i agree with this guy you've tried to do too-much on a low budget which is understandable coz its ur first car

try make it look "smart" tho not different and stand out from the crowd :S

i think some diff wheels and paint ur calipers silver with your drums.....get some dynamique wheels with 45 tyres and slam it then you will look better and handle like a house fly!..... possibly! haa!

you will understand when your a couple of year older trust us we've been there and seen it all b4 but gladly never done it! ;)

Location, Bridgend, ahh that explains alot. Was popular fad for young uns to top themselves there not so long ago. Obviously common sense has been bred out of the genepool in that neck of the woods.

Roadster Coupe
Location, Bridgend, ahh that explains alot. Was popular fad for young uns to top themselves there not so long ago. Obviously common sense has been bred out of the genepool in that neck of the woods.

Think if you read it properly, it was Swansea where the suicides took place

2008 Clio 1.2 TCE
Ha, You got me then. Still i think its a s**t sticker, You should earn the nurburgring sticker imo.

Take the rear window stickers off imo, Get some better alloys and paint the rear drums black.

You have way way way too much going on, Looks like a halfords circus.

agreed

:nono:

LY R26 230 F1 Team
Looks like you did a good job on the wheels mate,
take anything silver/chrome off, it only suits black cars...
tints look good imo but get rid of the vibe stickers etc.

color code the bumpers, side strips,door handles,spoilers to the color of your car not black that will look gashment i've seen it on a clio before.

Balck bonnet would look ok though.maybe thinkabout going matte not gloss? euro look?

As for the 182 bumpers dont bother,it's the single biggest waste of money, i've done it so listen to me! lol

Nice car overall mate, give it a good clean and invest insome good polish and you'll be sorted.

hope this was constructive unlike most of cs.
chris.

LY 172
id recomend getting rid of the 6x9's as they will only be damaged/cancled out by the sub you have forcing air straight into the underside of them..... upgrade the front /rear speakers...

LY R26 230 F1 Team
Yes mate they are nice wheels, look at the pro race 1.2 wheels too gloss black would look very nice imo.

Porsche Boxster987S
70% of you are sick twisted F**ked up tossers fair play. chris and jamesy seem like the only decent people. Get a life.

no-one allowed an opinion??? If you only want positive comments , put it in your next thread title:coffee:

LY R26 230 F1 Team
Guys please give this chap a break, you may not like his car but dont put somebody off the forum who is at least trying to improve the car he has got.

Excessive negative comments just make you feel s**t about your pride and joy.

Yes have an opinion, but be constructive in the way that you express this opinion.

Sorry this is just somethig that really bugs me about the odd few people on CS.

The rest of you I love lots an lots like jelly tots.

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
its not the opinions its the comments on the suicides. Harsh and not needed.

I was pretty shocked at some of those comments to uncalled for tbh

everyone starts somewhere with their car we all make mistakes and go through changes its part of the learning curves

im quite partial to monza's myself but good shout on the pro race's aswell

plans seem good to me bud your learning as you go along.... good stuff

:cool:

Toyota MR2
Thanks chris, well said and polity put :p

yeh after looking into the pro race's they do look a lot smarter so may wait around for a decent set to come up. cant really push past 200 though. :(

and ive definatly learned a lot since i started. and i just love messing with the car. if things don't work ill just put them back how they were its no big deal. i want to try it out for myself and learn. Experience is key!! :p

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
good man for trying everything yourself

im the same always out at the weekend having a play trying to better my knowledge its the best way

im on the lookout for some cheapish alloys to refurb so i know its a buggar searching

iimushroomzii

Toilet roll king
  Transit Connect.
RDM, Atleast you dont copy what everyone else does like most of the sheep on here! Plus, you do it all yourself, its the only way to learn!

Toyota MR2
but yeh i agree with you. everybody just copy's each other. and i appreciate all the 1*2 owners keeping their car's relatively standard and normal n saying lose this lose that they are pretty damn sexy as standard!. but when uve got a damn slow 1.2 which is totally nothing speical in my opinion you've gota try out diffrent things n make it just that little but unusal, it may not be to everyone's taste. but thats what get's people talkin about it. i like it and im very happy with my plans and can't wait to see what its like when its finished. only thing thats slowing it down is money.

Stagecoach Ticket
haha another classic thread.

Iam spilt on this one some bits i like some bits not for me. you will see alot of comments on here mate its the CS way. Back to basics is the best way though mate stickers and sh*t always look cheap less is more. Tints are a personal thing so if you like em keep em. people look at my car all the time and its really low key. RS kit dont bother with its a pain in the arse takes ages. best spending the money else where.

If you need any help with part finding or styling feel free to PM

Please though get rid of the 16v badge i wouldent even have them on a saxo vts now. Mayswell be a porsche turbo badge is cooler and still wrong

Toyota MR2
haha another classic thread.

Iam spilt on this one some bits i like some bits not for me. you will see alot of comments on here mate its the CS way. Back to basics is the best way though mate stickers and sh*t always look cheap less is more. Tints are a personal thing so if you like em keep em. people look at my car all the time and its really low key. RS kit dont bother with its a pain in the arse takes ages. best spending the money else where.

If you need any help with part finding or styling feel free to PM

Please though get rid of the 16v badge i wouldent even have them on a saxo vts now. Mayswell be a porsche turbo badge is cooler and still wrong

Awh ok :( ill remove it lol. ive decided i dont think ill bother with the Full RS kit. just the front bumper.... as ive got it and already started doing the work to make it fit. ill probaly sell my rs rear bumper on and get colour coding done on the rest of the car. then try find some new multi spoke alloys and slam it on its arse :)

1992 Mini City
Not a huge fan of the car, however, i am a huge fan of the fact that you've tried to be different, and by different i mean straying from silvervisions and turinis.

And you're bang on with the 1*2 point, if i had a car that looked the nuts standard, i'd keep it standard, but if you don't, you gotta try and shake things up a bit.

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
asked me a year ago, and ida probably loved it,

but now i dont,
i went thru the same kinda thing when i got my clio,
chaved it up to its eye balls, then one day i just looked at it and though it looked shite,

then it hit me that renault spend alot on designing cars, to i try to stick with theyre parts nowdays,

smaller touches make a big difference,

sorry, but im really not a fan, its easy to get carried away i think on the mod list, but they just look more and more chavy with every halfrauds bit of kit that goes on,

take a step back, a try and go for a more subtle approach,
i did, and i accually like my car so much more nowdays,

and thank fook you lost the clio sticker, i hate them, and i agree the nurburgring(sp) sticker has to be earned,

please, just try not to be sucked into the nightlife of body kitted saxo's and corsa's,
because everyone else thinks they look shat

Toyota MR2
everyone keeps going on about halfrauds. ive only ever bought high temp engine paint from their LOL. most of the stickers came with the car as u can see from the first pic. i added a Neverbeen one and got rid of the sport badge for a 16v. which has now gone aswell. :)

Stagecoach Ticket
good news! if you already have the RS rear bumper wack it on its direct fit and looks better than standard i thought you were looking to buy one. How are you doing the front direct fit? cutting standard bumper and making a hybrid or pulling it in and filler?

Toyota MR2
good news! if you already have the RS rear bumper wack it on its direct fit and looks better than standard i thought you were looking to buy one. How are you doing the front direct fit? cutting standard bumper and making a hybrid or pulling it in and filler?

Ive not heard of the hybrid making?? how does that work? i've only seen the filler way so far, so i've started sanding the courners down to fit the arches. which is easier?

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
lol sorry to go on,

but halfords mods dont necessarily mean mods bought in halfords,

its more a name given to chavy mcdonald's carpaks with 16 year old girls mods

(not saying thats you in any way, just some of the mods are on the kind of car youd typically see there)

eg,
big spoilers
body kits
lexarse lights, (or led/black/clear lights)
window tints and masses or stickers and extra 16v badges,
big loud rims
extra neon lights all over the car,
huge bean can exhaust
angel eye headlights

that is a list of some halfords mods,

not all of them appear on your car, and all of them can be acquired without going halfords, its just the name given to those kind of grotty mods that 18 yearolds love, and everyone else hates, lol

Toyota MR2
ahh i get you. well the alloys i got came with the car when i bought it. so ive been stuck with them as i can't afford new ones atm. so i refurbished them for 30 quid to try and make the best of what ive got for the time being. :)

Iceburg 172
if you take the standard clio bumper off. cut a square out of each side including the mounts. Cut the same square out the sport bumper, plastic weld them together put abit of fibreglass/flex on the back for extra strength then prep and paint it direct fit sport bumper that can come on and off time and time again.