ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 Campus Sport Acceleration Issue

S99

1.2 Campus Sport
Hi All,

I have a 1.2 16V Campus Sport and I'm having a issue with it. Suddenly yesterday it seemed to lack power and seemed to struggle to accelerate.
Today, it was the same, it seems to get worse when the engine is warm and in 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

At high ish revs 4,000 rph onward (Which I needed to take it to in-order to reach a reasonable speed) it seemed to make a aggressive graunching type noise.

It still sits at the same revs as per normal, 3500 at 70 in 5th and so on.

And help would be appreciated, thank you.

S99

1.2 Campus Sport
Just incase anyone else has this issue, I'll share the issue with mine.

I took it to a garage who diagnostic tested it as they presumed it was in limp mode, turns out it was not.

Having taken it to another garage to diagnose the issue it turns out the catalytic converter had collapsed therefore preventing the gasses to escape and preventing acceleration. A further issue was a old air filter which restricted air intake, having both rectified it runs better than ever.

S99

1.2 Campus Sport
I like it when people do the same as it helps resolve problems else what's the point in a community like this if you can't find answers to problems, need to give back somehow anyways haha