ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 clio running fault

Clio 172
My car intermitently fails to go past 3000 revs, accelerates fine up to approx 3000 revs then just stops accelerating. Engine management light goes on as does exhaust gas warning light. If I leave the car for a little while then it goes back to normal. All questions / suggestions are welcome.

Ibiza FR Edition
This happened to my old 1.2 one a couple of times, the ECU is putting the engine into limp home mode I believe, first time the wiring loom had corroded so that was causing some issues.... the second time one of the sensors had gone but apparently the whole throttle body had to be replaced. Cost a fair bit on two separate occasions, pretty sure that garage is a bit of a rip off though so I doubt it will be as bad as mine.

1.2 clio/clio sport
I have this same problem to, i gave all of my injectors a good clean and this seemed to solve the problem for a good 4 months then it started again.