ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 mpg?

a black one
Finding the mpg on the 1.2 16v shocking for what it is, not ragging it about really either, anyone else had these problems?

dan

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
i find when i drive enthusiastically i get 35mpg, drive motorway speeds get 40mpg and 50-60mph on motorway 54mpg

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
I do driving around town and a little dual carriage way to my missus and I'm getting 41.9 Even if I give it bean everywhere around town the lowest ive seen it is about 35.

Flame Red Delight
get them serviced, end thread, we do not need anymore MPG threads they always end bad.

Jap Box
I get about 25mpg odd or something spectacularly low. Granted I havent serviced it since I bought it and it came with no history, and ive done 15k since August with simply topping up fluids. It will get a good clean over when its due for its tax.

Stripped yozza'd cup
I'm getting 0.3 mpg with a broken speedo :)

Small engine, has to work harder, less mpg.
MPG is 90% how you drive, 10% car.

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
Meh. I thought someone was getting 1.2 mpg then. Was expecting OP to be driving a Dodge Viper or summat.

jet_powered_beetle.jpg

???????????

I've got the 1.2 16v, mixture of driving, quite a bit of motorway though and I'm on around 42mpg at the min.
Definetly go for the service!

Im not too sure i usually do reset miles when i put 10 or 20 ££ in and go by that

But i think its about 34-45mpg ishhh and thats with an open cone filter, depending on weather, and how i drive it

2007 clio dynamique
i dont think the smaller renault engines are any good, mines a 1.4 and it seems to use loads i had a tuned 1.9 diesel before and was far better still wish id bought a dci lol

Listerine & Poledo
small engines, trying to tug heavy cars around at motorway speeds = big fuel use
big engines doing the same job = lower fuel use.

I wonder. All other things equal, would a 1*2 doing 70 on a motorway return the same, better, or worse MPG's than a 1.2?

renault clio 2.0 172
used ta hav 1.2 wiv powerflow exhaust system, average about 26 - 27 but when really givin it some cud get it down ta 24 lol then stuck me standard exhaust bak on and were gettin 32 - 33 but did lose bout 8bhp wiv standard exhaust, get a 172 i gettin bout 27 - 28 and it lot more fun ta drive than a 1.2 lol

phase 1 Clio 172
I Drive mine normally around town and on dual carriageways and easily get 49mpg. Though i do look after my cars, and drive to the road ahead, i.e reading junctions and roundabouts so i dont have to stop. Makes a massive difference

1.5 Clio Dynamique
used ta hav 1.2 wiv powerflow exhaust system, average about 26 - 27 but when really givin it some cud get it down ta 24 lol then stuck me standard exhaust bak on and were gettin 32 - 33 but did lose bout 8bhp wiv standard exhaust, get a 172 i gettin bout 27 - 28 and it lot more fun ta drive than a 1.2 lol

can this be translated into readable english by someone?

Do you screw it round everywhere or something?
I get 26 driving normally in my Focus ST?!

Clio 1.5 DCI
i have a 1.5 dci and im getting about 55 round town, about 70 odd on a motorway. surely the 1.2's cant be that low? that's ridiculous

might want to get yourself a dci mate. :)

Impreza Wagon
Can you even 'give it some' in a 1.2, mines seriously slow and any journey seems painfull! Saying that on the motorway at 70mph following my 182 they both returned 41mpg the majority of the way home.