ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 progress thread ft. Rota grids

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Decided to start a progress thread dedicated to my 1.2 Clio :) this was how it sat standard.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Added some rota grids 15" (sits way way way too high so going to invest in springs soon.)
See these pictures.

Also de wipered it and painted the badges black:
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Picture to come of back wiper soon.

RichieJA

SCAMMER !!!!
  clio 172
Looks clean and straight, I would put back wiper back on, its really needed I use mine as much as fronts. Get some new plates new shiny plates make a big difference

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Nice, although I don't think springs will lower it enough to suit those wheels.

And regarding the rear wiper, i had my old one dewipered with a blank, I hate rear wipers. (From a functionality point, not just aethstetics)

Thank @JoeyD for setting the height :D

Did you end up with my coilovers Scott? I legit can't remember a single thing about my Clio! Seems so long ago now lol

As above though, I had 60mm springs before Coilovers and they weren't half as good. The Rokkors you used to get off eBay for like £150 were awesome! Much lower and road way better.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Did you end up with my coilovers Scott? I legit can't remember a single thing about my Clio! Seems so long ago now lol

As above though, I had 60mm springs before Coilovers and they weren't half as good. The Rokkors you used to get off eBay for like £150 were awesome! Much lower and road way better.

I did, then they went to tonkatruck for his dci.

Then I have no idea where they went after that. He got sick of them after a week due to his pot holey or speed bumpy commute lol

Swift Sport
I think Dan is referring to the colour more so... They look like steelies till you get up close. I've done it myself too!

Fair play lads, I suppose you can mistake them, but honestly, they're impressive looking wheels in person, obviously it's personal preference anyways, im chuffed to bits with the progression so far anyhow

RichieJA

SCAMMER !!!!
  clio 172
I love rota grid drift my favorite alloys, been looking at them but I would want 16s so nearly 850 with decent tyres, I'm a fan of keeping cars oem thou only small changes

I love rota grid drift my favorite alloys, been looking at them but I would want 16s so nearly 850 with decent tyres, I'm a fan of keeping cars oem thou only small changes
Lovely alloys aren't they. Yeah these wheels are the only major external change, except from the obvious lowering I'm going to do, apart from that it will just be tidying up, colour coding etc

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I currently have the same wheels on one of my cars but in bronze, so I can't exactly diss the wheels can I now lol.
I don't even like Rotas in general yet my Subaru and Mazda both have them. Go figure, lol. I liked them a few years ago, just a bit bored seeing them everywhere these days.

Swift Sport
Yeah agreed that they've become a bit of a fad and quite common now and I wouldn't say they're the best looking wheels either, but they look quite smart and suit quite a lot of cars well.

So today was a successful day, got some painting done and other things.

Painted my rear diamond black and also added the Clio sport rear spoiler with tinted light in, looks much better than the standard un painted plastic one
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Got it from a breakers yard (it's a slightly different blue but can't really noice it) only set me back around 8 pounds.

I also added the Clio sport front grill which looks so nice
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Nom nom.

I have 10mm all round spacers to go on tomorrow if the weather is nice like it was today. I also in a few weeks should be going 60mm lower so the horrendous arch gap is gone, pics will follow once done :)

This was the original spoiler
image.jpeg

image.jpeg
On top of the new one, as you can see the new one is better (lol at me in the reflection)

Also have a ph3 front bumper which is in a slightly different shade of blue, as you can see here if you look closely:
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

But it looks much nicer and also has fogs. Not sure wether it would look odd in this colour or pay for a respray on the bumper (don't fancy spending a lot of money just to respray a bumper) suggestions?

Last edited:

RichieJA

SCAMMER !!!!
  clio 172
Good work, I wouldn't go to the expense of painting the bumper as you won't be driving the car just yet, best to leave any paint work till you have car how you want it.

RichieJA

SCAMMER !!!!
  clio 172
Get brakes suspension engine perfect then styling then think about paint, and get money saved up towards your insurance so it don't sting as much every mouth

The time has come to consider lowering springs anyone know of any that are worth getting? Dont have the funds for coilovers. 60mm drop is what im looking for. Never purchased lowering springs before so don't know which brands to avoid. Thanks.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Just buy the cheapest springs you can. Whatever you fit, one of your standard shocks will burst within a month anyway.

I'd strongly advise against fitting 60mm lowering springs. Wait a bit longer until you can afford a cheap set of coilovers.

M90SR

ClioSport Club Member