ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

10 hours and crashed my racing blue 182

Sorry to have about that - hope you get it all sorted in time to enjoy the summer and dry roads :)

10 hours? I can beat that... Me and my dad collected out brand new R-reg Punto (which was going to be my car) from the garage. My dad was driving it home as I wasn't yet insured. Pulling up to a set of traffic lights at red, we're not slowing down. BANG! We rear-end the car waiting at the lights whcih then rolls forward into the car in front of it... all only about 10 minutes after collecting it.

Turns out my dad had hit the clutch with his right foot and foot rest with his left foot instead of the clutch and brake pedals... "Bloody offset pedals" was his excuse, lol.

My mum was not chuffed when we turned up with the brand new car (which she hadn't yet seen) minus 1 headlamp and knackered front end...

Megane Mk4
makavelli said:
its an inferno matey :clown:

Ahhh .. ok, it's was the dodgy "fake" sticker on the skirts that threw me :rasp: lol
I was tired when I posted it too :S lol

VaVa
How do you stand with insurance with regard to interventions of nature? I though they didn't pay out for things like that?

Anyway, bit of a pisser is that. And where's all the Deers blood/snot/fur on your car?

lol @ 'Never seen any deer in Cannock!' Road across the Chase anyone?! lol!!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
l!ckeldev!l_2k1 said:
Ahhh .. ok, it's was the dodgy "fake" sticker on the skirts that threw me :rasp: lol
I was tired when I posted it too :S lol

I think they say pistonheads Andi!

Racing Blue 182
Sorry to hear about this,

Lets hope you get it all sorted asap.

Suppose its one of those things that could happend to anyone realy

Who you insured with?

Megane 225 Cup
ahh bummer man.. i really do feel sorry for you as it wasnt your faul at all... hope it all works out for you mate.

172, Tiguan
Sorry to hear about the car. Dear's are a real problem round by me, aparently 14 got hit last week alone. My best mate has hit three in 2 years - they are a real danger on the roads when they are so young.

Hopefully you'll get a repaired car back soon.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I hit a rabbit once...Was a pain in the ass to get bits out the superleggs! Made for a good cassarole. ;)

K20 EG Hatch
they have said its gonna cost £7200ish to repair, they have sent the estimate to elephant insurance. Could it be a write off at that? :( I know its only cosmetic damage!

VRS
Dan Page said:
they have said its gonna cost £7200ish to repair, they have sent the estimate to elephant insurance. Could it be a write off at that? :( I know its only cosmetic damage!

fooking hell matey! gutted :D

106 GTi
Sounds as if they will write it off for that as others have said, seen cars with less damge written off. I think the unluckyness of the quarter getting hit as well meant it was always going to cost.

To be honest in your postion I would rather have a pay out, cars are rarely the same after being fixed.

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
Might get the 10k back if your very lucky. Will lose your NCB and piss your 2400 up the wall.

ex Clio 172 owner :(
It's a crying shame all that.

Feel for ye mate.

All I can suggest is get a decent 172 for £8k or so and use some of the change from the payout for this years and next years insurance. A grand each year should help ye afford the rest of the insurance.

Get a nice private plate on it too. None of your neighbours will even notice the difference other than the colour. If you care.

unlucky mate.. but there could be a silver lining on this nasty black cloud..

if they write it off, they will give you your 10kish

you may be able to buy it back for say 1500ish
fix it for 2k ish yourself using second hand bits..

so 10kish - 3.5k ish leaves you with 6.5kish left over??

just a thought..

Ad

MK2 FRS
^^ thats not a bad idea guy.......

how come its come to 7.2k??? The ust be some damage which is not visible form the pics.... is the auxillary belt area damaged???

thats prob using all genuine parts though

bonnet, bonnet hinges, two wings, rear quarter, front bumper, foglight , foglight surround, grill, slam panel, beating all the inner wing panel back into shape, new xenon headlamp unit, cup splitter, all labour and fitting.. its quite an expensive list and if its for an insurance claim they put the labour charges up a fair bit..

renault prices arent cheap.. the grill and cup splitter are extortinately priced for what they are..

Ad

MK2 FRS
Dan Page said:
i int ever gettin insured on another one now! :(
tbh mate a total loss or a claim makes know difference. I have had to declare 22k+ (one 10k claim and 12k total loss) worth of claims this year, but most insurers dont look at whether its a total loss or not.... a claims a claim.

Ad

MK2 FRS
Uncleiven said:
yeah supose......now that would all add up..
and i thaught mine was bad at 2k.

well yours was 2k (and that included a door and wheel) and I know for a fact that the visible front end damage is not 5ks worth..... so the must be summit underneath.

adtmits said:
tbh mate a total loss or a claim makes know difference. I have had to declare 22k+ (one 10k claim and 12k total loss) worth of claims this year, but most insurers dont look at whether its a total loss or not.... a claims a claim.

my brothers wrote two cars off and he said it hardly affects his insurance..

R35 GTR
GuyS said:
unlucky mate.. but there could be a silver lining on this nasty black cloud..

if they write it off, they will give you your 10kish

you may be able to buy it back for say 1500ish
fix it for 2k ish yourself using second hand bits..

so 10kish - 3.5k ish leaves you with 6.5kish left over??

just a thought..

best idea, as he will lose the 2400 insurance he paid out and the excess.
might leave you 3k at the end of it.

Ad

MK2 FRS
GuyS said:
my brothers wrote two cars off and he said it hardly affects his insurance..

aye.... im paying the same on CTR as the 182.... but with the claims on my policy and 2yrs less NCB. My excess is half wot it was last yr as well!! and whilst im older @24, the CTR is more expensive to insure...... (1149 with 2NCB, 2 claims, not the best postcode, 300x)