ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

10 hours and crashed my racing blue 182

Dan Page said:
it was £2400 for ten months on the 182. that was with 1 year ncb and i live in a rough area....

f**k me that is expensive! i am with elephant, no NCB, i am 21 in april, and i am paying £1010 a year fully comp with elephant. I have put my mum as a named driver on my policy, that reduced the price down.

Lux'd Glacier White R26
^^^ How did you manage that? Tried elephant and they came back with £2k+, 22 with 1 years NCB...

Tyson.

Tyson-182 said:
^^^ How did you manage that? Tried elephant and they came back with £2k+, 22 with 1 years NCB...

Tyson.

like i said putting my mum as a named driver bought the policy down by a good couple of hundred pounds. i live in a fairly nice area

172 Cup
tom_1.4_16v said:
like i said putting my mum as a named driver bought the policy down by a good couple of hundred pounds. i live in a fairly nice area

I can vouch for that. I did the same, with Elephant/Bell, I put my mom on as a named driver and it fell by roughly £400. Amazing really. JUst experiment with the online quote engine.

MY10 R35 GTR
gutted mate. I had a glansing blow wi a deer in me old car scary s**t! especially in evening/nite/early morning. They come out of nowhere!!

u get out the car and lick fcuk out the deer?? :)

172 Cup
Here we go again! Did you go all sick and start beating the deer within an inch of it's life (if it wasn't already) then start smearing deer blood all over your face and then run through the hills beating your chest with the keys still in the ignition?

K20 EG Hatch
its a deffo right off! :( The assesor said where ever i would have took it would have been.
its gonna be ages before im paid out i reckon :(
elephant insurance said they auto cancel my policy because of this and although i have paid upfront 2.4k for insurance for ten months i will loose it.
on the plus side if i go back to elephant they will give me discount (dunno how much) but i dont know if they will insure me on a 182.
the assesor has put down it was a mint example with low milage so what should i get off them? it cost me 10k.

M5,Range Rover Sport & R1
Dan Page said:
its a deffo right off! :( The assesor said where ever i would have took it would have been.
its gonna be ages before im paid out i reckon :(
elephant insurance said they auto cancel my policy because of this and although i have paid upfront 2.4k for insurance for ten months i will loose it.
on the plus side if i go back to elephant they will give me discount (dunno how much) but i dont know if they will insure me on a 182.
the assesor has put down it was a mint example with low milage so what should i get off them? it cost me 10k.

Dan you dont loose your money mate!!! they must keep the policy open until the end of it's term, get a cheap wee runner and stick it on your paid insurance until you get a replacement for the 182....

K20 EG Hatch
just got a quote on a 182 declaring the claim with elephant, £3035. i will pay it though just so i can have another!
roll on the next racing blue, should be here before i know it.

Dan Page said:

is it still under 1 year old??? if so it's cost to replace...

if not, then they are selling at £12k in showrooms all over britain, tell them you paid £11k for it, and go and find a few trade advertisements online/autotrader and fax them through to your insurance.. tell them they adverts are like for like, so thats what you expect to recieve.

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
Dan Page said:
just got a quote on a 182 declaring the claim with elephant, £3035. i will pay it though just so i can have another!

Dude, honestly, think about this...

Dan Page said:

you are getting charged an extra £600 for an accident that aint your fault!!!

thats what i hate about insurance companys...Robbing bar stewards!!!

VRS
so do you pay the increase to keep the insurance for the rest of its term?
thats a lot of cash mate cos didnt u say it was only for 10 months aswell (not 12)

Ad

MK2 FRS
^^ yeh but the liability is with his insurer. They shouldnt be able to cancel the policy though. Never heard of that before. Im still amazed by the fact that its a right off from the pics.

I would imagine around the 10k mark being right. I got 11k for my 182 which was a 2005/54, but elephant are quite tight on their payouts. Will probably be 4-6weeks for a payout.

makavelli said:
so do you pay the increase to keep the insurance for the rest of its term?
thats a lot of cash mate cos didnt u say it was only for 10 months aswell (not 12)

no andy he is giving his policy up with his insurance company(£2400 paid) and taking out another with elephany £3000 to be paid...

fook that Dan....

K20 EG Hatch
if the policy continues then surely they shouldn't charge me an extra 600 quid for this year as i paid the full premium upfront.

Dan Page said:
if the policy continues then surely they shouldn't charge me an extra 600 quid for this year as i paid the full premium upfront.

nope they cant.... thats illegal mate!!!

K20 EG Hatch
just called them.
they said that when i get a new car i can call them, insure it with them and they will credit me with £2429, my full premium for ten months but take off the 1 day insurance i used.
so i dont know if i would be paying the £600 difference or not, the girl on the other end said she is not sure but she could check on monday for me.

Dan Page said:
just called them.
they said that when i get a new car i can call them, insure it with them and they will credit me with £2429, my full premium for ten months but take off the 1 day insurance i used.
so i dont know if i would be paying the £600 difference or not, the girl on the other end said she is not sure but she could check on monday for me.

get that in writing mate!!! is that from your current insurer????

Ad

MK2 FRS
Dan Page said:
just called them.

sounds better than before... but im still confused.... they want more money even though youve paid a policy up front. I would speak/write to the FOS for advice. Very odd.

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
Dan Page said:
just called them.

Thats a result!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
is it true that if you run a deer over, you are not allowed to stop and pick it up, but the driver of the next car that passes, is perfectly entitled to?

(trying to lighten the mood!)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Grouse? I don't think i'd even know what one of those was, even if i did run it over (unless it had a bottle of whisky in its hand and was doing a dance!)

DanPage, sorry about the car mate, don't let it curb your enthusiasm!!

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member
Loony said:
yup im pretty sure thats the case, same with grouse/pheasants.

thats not true the only way you are allowed to have grouse/pheasants in the car if you have not brought them from a butcher stc is if you have a game licence, so i have been told.

Dan sorry to hear that but you are not considering paying 3k to insure a clio are you?
get you money back from the insurance and start a new policy and get a little run around for a year so you can get 1 years NCD then buy a 182 next yaer and they should be cheaper.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
M.C.. said:
thats not true the only way you are allowed to have grouse/pheasants in the car if you have not brought them from a butcher stc is if you have a game licence, so i have been told.

Dan sorry to hear that but you are not considering paying 3k to insure a clio are you?
get you money back from the insurance and start a new policy and get a little run around for a year so you can get 1 years NCD then buy a 182 next yaer and they should be cheaper.

^^ as above!

As much as i love my car, if anything went wrong (touch wood!) there is no way i could justify spending 3k per year to insure it!
I'd just get myself a little diesel or 1.2, run that for a year, save all my beans for when the insurance costs are sensible!

Ad

MK2 FRS
^^ I dunno what issues you may have, but they should be kept out of threads like this.

Only met dan briefly once and he seemed an alrite lad.

Doesnt potrait the right image for the club imho.

Shhh
Id hope the car is a write off, and get the cash back from the thing. Ive had a racing blue 182 since dec 04 and done nearly 24k in the thing since. Ive never had such a nightmare with a car ever, it still needs to go back in for 2 more jobs to be done. At the moment i cant be arsed driving to the dealer until i pick up another fault with the thing. I could be picky and say i that the rattling exhaust too is a problem, and the dash clock led going mental aswell but we can deal with them by turning the stereo up, and not looking at the clock.

Id sell up and buy a SLK or something..

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
^^^ and what if you buy a bad SLK?

Whatever manufacturer you go to, you will always get 'friday afternoon cars' unfortunately.

whats happening to your car them mate? you have to buy it back from the insurance company cant let a car like that be broken for parts!