ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

128 GT coil pack

Morning all,

On friday my coil pack started to fail on the way home from work. It got booked into the garage yesterday as i was busy over the weekend.

Picked it up this morning, running fine now. There was a misfire on cylinder 4 after the plug and coil pack were changed it still had a slight misfire so the garage changed them all. I did ask for them to change the faulty one and i would change the others myself to save money. Lucky enough they didn't charge for it anyway :)

What made the coil pack fail, was that water somehow got into the coil pack and spark plug and obviously shorted it out. is there anywhere i could check, or has there been a common fault with coil packs failing like this? i have kept the faulty coil pack. Its quite rusty, the garage did say to look in to that as it isn't something they very often.

Thanks for any help :)

Rory