ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

16" wheel shopping and offsets

Im looking for some 16's for my MKII 172, i was initially thinking turinis :p but am wanting to get something different, was thinking these

http://www.enkei.co.jp/en/p_detail_rpf1i.html

What im really after is something that will give me a wider track and fill out the guards, not height wise but width wise. How big of an offset can i go without rubbing against anything, i guess the Euro look boys will be able to help me here, dont want to use spacers rather buy a wheel with the correct offset that will give me the desired look.

The 172 is standard height at the moment but one the wheels are put on ill see how much lower i can go without any issues but don plan on going any lower than 25mm

These wheels come in a 35 offset, but do you think i could use the 25 offset? or how far can i go?

Last edited:
  A silver Honda
Nice wheels, you have expensive taste...

With such a small drop you would probably be safe with et25s, You have to allow for wheel and tyre width too though.

A silver Honda
the 25 offset doesnt have the right pcd, you need 4x100
wrong dude, wrong lol

offset.gif

4x100 refers to how many bolts the wheel needs and the distance (mm) they are apart from each other.

ahh yes the 25mm offset is the wrong PCD, ok scrap that then, maybe i can find a different brand and go a 30 offset?

Plan on running a 16x7 rim and just the normal 205/45/16 PE2 rubber that are on my current Full Fat rims

lift number 1 @ btm
i have some enkei on my car, they were from a honda originally if that helps. i had to have the bore machined out slightly, but otherwise they fit perfect.

lift number 1 @ btm
a 25 offset will almost definately foul on a ph2. i had a set of 35's for a while, before i lowered the car, and they caught on big compressions. once you lower it, you might just get away with an et37, but only on 45 profile tyres!