ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 12k service prices for SE dealers

The time has come to get the 172 1st service completed (my 2 years are up, although Ive only done 10k miles). I ran a couple of local dealers this morning, one quotes £205, the other £212 :eek: All this for oil, oil filter, pollen filter, air filter, general check and 1.6 hours labour. I dont even need the air filter as I have a HP IK...or should I remove it and replace the std one for the service?

Having searched the forum it seems this is a little steep, with some people having only had to pay around £150.

Can anyone recommend a -good- dealer whos cheap, reliable and wont leave the car for the spotty apprentice to thrash around in at lunchtime??

1st service should be nearer 150 fully inc.

All it is is oil and filter and quick check over!!!!!!!!!!

Would have thought the insurance at the dealers means only over 25s are allowed to drive your car. Just hope you dont get an over 25 nutter technician!

2nd service is air filter as well.

Mine cost £210 in Basingstoke. Dont go there.

They didnt even notice the fact that one of my engine mounts was hanging on by a thread.

youll find a huge difference if you ring around.

They all have different labour rates, and some take the piss, others dont.

172, Tiguan

Ill find out how much mine is when i get the bill. :oops:Its booked for the Friday before Thruxton. However I am supplying oil, and air filter so that should knock £35 off the bill. Plus I get a further 10% off for being a mug and buying 3 clios there.

Thanks. I thought £200+ was expensive! When I questioned how an oil/filter change could cost £200 (the labour was £50/h @ 1.6 hours) each time they got rather defensive and reckoned, "Oh, we do lots of checks on the car"...presumably as they hack it to the nearest McDonalds and find the Vmax in each gear...just to check the shift light works.

If anyone has had a service in/around the SE London/Sevenoaks/Tonbridge area please let me know if the dealer was any good.