ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172/182 Projector Bulbs?

1.2 Campus Sport
Hello Everyone,

I would like some help with my 172/182 Xenon Headlights for my MK2 Facelift Clio.

I purchased a set of 172/182 xenon headlights from eBay without any electronics, bulbs or ballasts with the hope of restoring them to a working condition. However, having had them arrive, I have notice that the projector headlight is different to the standard H1 clips in reflectors.

The wiring has a 4 pin connector with 3 wires. I have tried looking though the internet to find out what type of bulbs go with it and can't seem to find a fitting or anything for it.

Here is what it looks like:

11351122935_8e6c1d6b73.png

I'm really stumped on this one. Any ideas please?

Thanks,
FuSSionZ (Ross)

1.2 Campus Sport
Right, I know that the bulbs I need are D2S and I also know that I need a starter for it which fits on the end of it.
The only thing I'm a little confused with is how the starter gets to the ballast via the green cable shown in the image above.
Anyone got any ideas?
Thanks,
FuSSionZ

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
That green wire plugs into the igniter/starter, but it leads down inside the light unit and through a plug in the bottom of it to where the ballast should be