ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172/182 supercharger

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
No Ben, the ic is the lower smaller one, the radiator is the big one and the filter is behind this one ?

Ah well , a pikey CAF should be allright to be pointed towards the filter

lol i know, I meant the air is getting cooled before the mix anyway! the charger will warm the air up far more than that rad will lol

ITB'd MK1
filter is in a hot place, behind the radiator ?

Probably the coolest place in the bay, with direct airflow through the grille. Ben p is kind of right, the charger will heat the air up more than the rad would ever, but it's still ideal to get intake temps as cool as possible.

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider
running today, boost increases next and then mapping.

setting the charger up for low lag and correct level of boost for road spec.

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
Looks great Andy and think it will be a big hit.

A bit off topic but something I'd like to get off my chest.

When ever a tuner is in the process of releasing a new product everybody starts spouting off "This is where my moneys going etc..."

Yet heres Andy offering a great deal on the first few kits and no body is to be seen?

Seriously why say that your gonna do this, your gonna do that if you've got no intentions or it's just pure pipe dreams?

Rant over.

Good luck Andy.

Cro

Meg'd r27
I would imagine people are in a better position to say yay or nay when theres prices and results Stevie. With all the 'it shouldn't cost more than 2k', 'development alone is 10k' comments people havn't a baldy.

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider
we cant quite release prices, but now we have a proper bill of materials it can be collated next week.

we price it on batch manufacture to help keep realistic price stucture

Looks great Andy and think it will be a big hit.

A bit off topic but something I'd like to get off my chest.

When ever a tuner is in the process of releasing a new product everybody starts spouting off "This is where my moneys going etc..."

Yet heres Andy offering a great deal on the first few kits and no body is to be seen?

Seriously why say that your gonna do this, your gonna do that if you've got no intentions or it's just pure pipe dreams?

Rant over.

Good luck Andy.

I did send a PM about it but didn't get a reply back. I did say I wanted it with aircon though and noticed they said later on in the thread that the 5 they wanted doesn't include aircon at the moment. Like a lot of people have said though, I suppose it all depends on price/figures arrive etc :) They might have had a lot of PM's about it!

SQ5
Lol at trying to get people to buy something with no price!

You can't expect people to jump on a group buy with no price, even a round price woudl do!

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
Lol at trying to get people to buy something with no price!

You can't expect people to jump on a group buy with no price, even a round price woudl do!

100% agree. Im not sure where the rant came from as (correct me if im wrong) there isnt a group buy totaly set up, just interest atm. There carnt really be a group buy without prices as no1's going to be in without knowing the final cost

ITB'd MK1
Prices really wont be far off. To get the best price for CNC machining we need to get a batch made so you get the best price possible :) We have a ballpark in mind and it's going to be within reach, but not pricing publicly until we're sure :)

edit - jinx, I type too slow

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
Fair enough,

As I see it Andy is arranging a GB for five people and is still waiting for a few more to enter before it can commence.

I'm only going of the info on the thread .

Obviously if he's been inundated with requests by everyone who's said their interested, then I humbly apoligise.

Steve

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
Whats it got to do with you anyway? Put your name down if your so concerned and stop being a kiss ass ....

It's not that I'm being a kiss ass and I've never met or bought any thing from Andy it's just a mere observation that everyones been bumping there gums about how amazing supercharging is yet when it's finally being released people are a bit shy with their cash.

As for putting my name down, It was a tough choice between a turbo and a supercharger, but I want to keep my AC so it's at Ktec now having a turbo fitted.

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider
I have had quite a few pm's that have been answered.

as soon as there is a price it will be released

thanks to those who have been in touch

Andy

Ph1
It's not that I'm being a kiss ass and I've never met or bought any thing from Andy it's just a mere observation that everyones been bumping there gums about how amazing supercharging is yet when it's finally being released people are a bit shy with their cash.

As for putting my name down, It was a tough choice between a turbo and a supercharger, but I want to keep my AC so it's at Ktec now having a turbo fitted.

You get that with everything forum related item even selling simple car parts in for sale. Folk press keys before checking they can afford it, want it or know the facts about it. Ebays the same

See on the new designed inlet thread which people are showing interest, someone put a picture up which will look similer-ish to the real thing, couple of folk then replyed ''oh is that it, not interested'' etc etc.

All im saying is folk are rubbish haha

03 RS clio 172 flameR
^^^ lol, i noticed that too, if that evo mani was cromed with bits of blue silicon stuck too it then people would have been raving!

Cro

Meg'd r27
Waiting for facts and figures has proven to me that patience is definately not one of my stronger qualities :rasp:

172cup
Just seen this and had a good read cant wait to see the results.

Andy will you be doing a similar mod for the 197?

Cheers

raw striker
Just seen this and had a good read cant wait to see the results.

Andy will you be doing a similar mod for the 197?

Cheers

its a strong possibility. but lets get this one finished and in production before i start looking at charging 197's :S

p.s car has been on the dyno tonight for its first bit of mapping. :)

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider
its been 2.5 weeks from starting this project... so timescales wise we are doing well.

So far we have had a VERY GOOD EVENING! ;-)

raw striker
For me, the 197 needs a supercharged k20!!

Good work lads and I look forward to seeing the results.

well we have already done several sc k20's in lotus elises and exiges. so you put the engine in and il happily charge it for you :)

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
I need to stop looking at this thread, i'm so impatient! I just carnt wait for it to be ready for sales. Still no luck selling my car so if its not gone by the time its ready i'm in, in many ways i hope it doesnt sell! :)