ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Clio mk1 track car (M42TUA)

standard 182
i think few people will no this car. plan is to re-shell my current clio.

IMG_5439.jpg

IMG_5442.jpg

IMG_5445.jpg

IMG_5446.jpg

IMG_5450.jpg

car603.jpg

car604.jpg

car605.jpg

a few spares,

car606.jpg

car607.jpg

car608.jpg

172 engine,

car576.jpg

got to get few bits together for 172 engine to fit and then strip my other mk1 shell and put all onto this shell. going to give the outside re-paint as few bits need painting and car is different colours.

Attachments

• IMG_5439.jpg
    IMG_5439.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 192

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I tried to be cocky and bid last minute. We must have bid so close together that I never had time to up my bid.

I was so fcuking angry with myself!

standard 182
just ordered a 197 inlet manifold. also going to get a 182 exhaust manifold. will have to modify the tunnel and maybe the subfram to make the exhaust fit.

Clio.
Lovely looking shell that, was tempted myself.

Need any Mk1 16v or some ph1 172 bits mate give me a shout....I'm near Tunbridge Wells.
Matt.

standard 182
ive got the 172 engine and box in.

i got my 197 inlet and its not just a case of bolting on. the head needs machining as the inlet port is much bigger on 197. the bottom holes to bolt the inlet to the head are in a different place, so i will have to drill and tap thread into the head. the ph1 throttle body dont fit, not sure how im doing that yet :rolleyes: and the last thing the bonnet dont fit on as the inlet sits alot higher lol the only way round that is to make the bolge bigger in the bonnet. i will get some pics up over the weekend

CLIO PH1 172
how did you find lydden as a trackday did you do a full day ? im considering doing one there but not to sure as its a pretty small circuit?

standard 182
how did you find lydden as a trackday did you do a full day ? im considering doing one there but not to sure as its a pretty small circuit?

i like lydden its a good track. i go all day but just do 2 to 3 sessons as you can pay per sesson and a full day will kill my tyres. £20 per sesson

CLIO PH1 172
What sort of cost is a day there or you pay per session? I know it's a pretty laid back track lol

standard 182
£150 for a day. yes very laid back. ive come off in the gravel got back on the track and left my rear bumper in the middle of the track and they just said dont worry about putting it back on for next session lol