ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 cup, charvils roundabout ware

M140i/Orange 182
where you based mate? just saw another cup bout 20min ago on charvills roundabout, 53plate

RenaultSport Clio 172 Cup
i am based in ware! just round the corner from charvills roundabout, mines on a 52, so can;t have been me ;-)

i think i have seen you around that area twice though, heading up to a10 roundabout in at around 5ish?

M140i/Orange 182
haha how kool more peeps from ware! small world ay! i dont finish work till 5 but everyother thursday i finsh at 1pm so u could of seen me...but i have seen another inferno 182 twice before though...i live down the hyde right by the A10 :)

M140i/Orange 182
o yea, any you guys clued up on installing amp and front comps...iam scared to attempt it!

need some help from someone nearby..

i ain't too clued up on that unfortunately..

i have a question, do you both use the ware road renault garage, or somewhere else? i am getting my car serviced soon, wonder if they are any good in your experience?

M140i/Orange 182
i do use it yes,they are a good bunch up there tbh, i know one of the dealers up there, rich his name is and someone in the bodyshop i know too! (use to go school with him)

i havent taking my car up there for any work yet,but when i had my 1.2 i have.

just dont let them wash your car. i got loads of swirls once which i had to remove.

alothough for my 12k service iam gonna get booked in at GDI...purely for the fact of there reputation,service and its alot cheaper that reno.

GDI, wheres that? are they nearby, do you have contact details, so i could get a quote, been quoted £308 for 3 year service at ware garage.

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider
I used to live in Ware!!!! small world.

its about 30 mins from there to Caxton where we are, Upto Baldock and up the A1198

M140i/Orange 182
LOL the world gets smaller! Andy whereabouts in ware did you used to live and how long ago..how kool :)

Weeman sucks ****
visa_king said:
i ain't too clued up on that unfortunately..

i have a question, do you both use the ware road renault garage, or somewhere else? i am getting my car serviced soon, wonder if they are any good in your experience?

I know one of the mechanics that works there and he's got a 182, know's how they work and I recommend them. Plus he's a top bloke.

I'm always around ware, there's a 52 plate that parks near my gf's house, normally parked by weston house?

Small world.

Andy, that's presdales school. I remember the days hanging around there when I was younger!!

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider
Presdales school.... I got flashed out of the back of one of their school bus's....

IT WAS JUST HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *cough*

M140i/Orange 182
LOL small world! when i was at school (richard hale) there was a bout 20 of us that went up to presdales on a insert day and created mayhem...the police turned up and started chasing us though the woods and then our headteacher turned up too! my g/f used to go presdales as well...along with many other friends.:)

i know the house too! must of drove up hoe lane about 2 days ago..

Weeman sucks ****
bizarre!

There's a guy from my street (or his parents) that has a 172 cup, not you is it visa...who I think you are...dovedale?!?!?!?!

Weeman sucks ****
ware garages has something to do with that. apparently the ralliart dealer that owns the renault garage has an agent on the prowl for rsports, that's why there's always some up there.

M140i/Orange 182
hahaha i used to live in dovedale number 20!! lol :D

visa wots your g/f's name?? and your real name, i know chris,he use to live down dovedale..can remember him as you used to be keen with bikes...although i think we had this convo before ages ago..:)

guys... we are gonnna get some sort of meet together for herts as theres plenty of peeps from here...so why not!
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?p=1394894#post1394894

Last edited:
  Toyota MR2 Turbo Rev2
I'm happy to do it mate if you've got all the correct cables etc?!! :)

I put a sub and amp into my old clio and fitted a few speakers and head units into my car and friends' cars!!!

AS u saw in the other thread, im in hatfield near the uni if u fancy coming out that far?! ;)

Ted182 said:
o yea, any you guys clued up on installing amp and front comps...iam scared to attempt it!

need some help from someone nearby..

And also, how crazy is this thread!!!!!! you'll find out you're all related in half an hour!!! ;) hahaha

M140i/Orange 182
jwarren2k2 said:
I'm happy to do it mate if you've got all the correct cables etc?!! :)

I put a sub and amp into my old clio and fitted a few speakers and head units into my car and friends' cars!!!

AS u saw in the other thread, im in hatfield near the uni if u fancy coming out that far?! ;)

kool mate i will proberly take you up on that offer!

i have got everything (i think) just need more speaker wire, and more power cable.
need to install, genesis 4 profile amp, and rainbow kick comps up front, but unsure weather to run my rainbow coax's off the head unit or amp them (for rear) dont really have many passangers part for the g/f :)

Toyota MR2 Turbo Rev2
ive got some spare speaker cable if u need, should be ebough for the car, but dont hold me to it!! its not bad cable, but nothing special at all. i used thicker stuff in my car. but the stuff ive got; one piece is about 5m long, and the other is longer (about 7/8m i think?!)

it was only yesterday i took my false floor build to the tip!! u could have had that!! typical!! was for a mk1, but we could have adapted it!! nevermind!!

about amping up the rear speakers, i reckon u should do it, would give clearer sound, otherwise the fronts are likely to just drown the rears and u wont hear them! but thats my opinion! its totally up to you! it also depends on what the rears would be able to handle, but we u should be able to adjust that on the amp i think.

Toyota MR2 Turbo Rev2
phew!!! i was worried i was gona be fitting £600 speakers!! lol! my nerves can cope with sub £200 speakers!! lol!!

do it mate, that set up looks like it'll sound the dogs dangly's!!

when would u fancy coming down then? im free on weds all day and saturday all day or sunday till mid afternoon this week?!

M140i/Orange 182
could proberly come down saturday..shouldnt be a problem, hatfield is only down the 414 its close!
will you be able to take dash of etc..to fit tweaters and the crossovers need to be fitted/hid

pm me your details mate, where u live mob number etc :)

ps ive really gota go bed now!!

Toyota MR2 Turbo Rev2
ok mate, will PM u in a sec!!

i need to go to bed too! got lectures 9-7 tomorrow!! lol!

I know how to do it on my valver, it uses torx screws. not sure about ur 182 tho? do they use torx screws, or do u have a handy haynes manual? shouldn't be too hard tho, once the tops off, its usually alright from there (touch wood). the worst bit is getting the wire through to the front doors through the same part as all the electrics, but we shall see!!

Ted182 said:
hahaha i used to live in dovedale number 20!! lol :D

visa wots your g/f's name?? and your real name, i know chris,he use to live down dovedale..can remember him as you used to be keen with bikes...although i think we had this convo before ages ago..:)

guys... we are gonnna get some sort of meet together for herts as theres plenty of peeps from here...so why not!
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?p=1394894#post1394894

My name is Raj, I am 23, and my gf is 23, her name is samantha. I have a flat by the volly pub (know where that is?)

dovedale number 20 eh?

this is truly a little bit crazy, 3 guys who used to live in the same little street in ware have a 172/182. although seeing chris' 172 around did maybe sway my decision to get one over other cars i was considering at the time;)

i didn;t buy from ware garages thou... went to get mine off a guy in kent

Weeman sucks ****
I now live back in Dovedale as I'm doing the 'on a break' thing with the missus, all back on track though. Was living with her up Musley hill.

This is odd. Especially after moaning about never being spotted in the 2 and a half years of being on this forum.

CHRIS172CUP said:
I now live back in Dovedale as I'm doing the 'on a break' thing with the missus, all back on track though. Was living with her up Musley hill.

This is odd. Especially after moaning about never being spotted in the 2 and a half years of being on this forum.

I thought i used to see your car just down the road from my flat up on musley hill...just thought you were following me...:D

Weeman sucks ****
lol, I think I followed you the other night up to Rush green but had too much traffic to get near you, got behind you (if it was you) on the straight though.

Nice driving...again, if it was you??

p.s. Get H&R's for your cup mate, they are awesome.

CHRIS172CUP said:
lol, I think I followed you the other night up to Rush green but had too much traffic to get near you, got behind you (if it was you) on the straight though.

Nice driving...again, if it was you??

p.s. Get H&R's for your cup mate, they are awesome.

Yeah it was me, what do you mean by nice driving? i am still in honeymoon period of cup ownership... drive like i have robbed it!

What are H&R's? Have you changed suspension, and what exhaust are you using, sounds really good