ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 cup, charvils roundabout ware

Weeman sucks ****
Aah, honeymoon period I thought so. All I can say is (without sounding like your dad) is take it easy. The honeymoon period is when things go pear shaped. I gave the honeymoon period a re-run after about 6 months and been in it ever since...65,000 miles on!

H&R's are the dogs danglies in coilovers, totally transform the car but come at a price, £700 odd. Definately worth it. My exhaust is a prospeed, highly recomended for the price.

RenaultSport Clio 172 Cup
Yeah you are right, i think i need to start slowing down a tad!

I was looking into a track day at some point but only after getting suspension and an exhaust.

Will look into the H&R's

Weeman sucks ****
don't wait for the mods, do a trackday. bedford autodrome isn't far away and is a good firts trackday. all grass run off so no gravel or walls to hit. has a good mixture of corners/straights etc. it's good. I'm there on march 4th.

try here: http://www.easytrack.co.uk/homepage.asp

give us a shout if you need any help fitting stuff. i did my coilovers with smokey form in here. did my mates APEX springs the other week too.

do you have trackday insurance with your regular insurance, or a separate policy, how does it work?

can;t make that weekend, gonna be in Latvia...

i will take you up on that offer for helping with fitting stuff though, when i get round to buying something, like coilovers

Last edited:
  Weeman sucks ****
It's full now anyway! My mates boss got the last place in his new Carrera.

Some get insurance, some don't. It's purely up to you, I don't though. Most days are so well organised that there's no need in my opinion but others will probably disagree.

CHRIS172CUP said:
Some get insurance, some don't. It's purely up to you, I don't though. Most days are so well organised that there's no need in my opinion but others will probably disagree.

now who needs to give the other the 'dad' lecture :D lol

i haven;t washed my clio for 3 weeks, looks an absolute mess. also mine doesn;t have the front plastic splitter, must get hold of one..

M140i/Orange 182
visa_king said:
My name is Raj, I am 23, and my gf is 23, her name is samantha. I have a flat by the volly pub (know where that is?)

dovedale number 20 eh?

this is truly a little bit crazy, 3 guys who used to live in the same little street in ware have a 172/182. although seeing chris' 172 around did maybe sway my decision to get one over other cars i was considering at the time;)

i didn;t buy from ware garages thou... went to get mine off a guy in kent

yup no.20 indeed! crazy stuff this thread...raj do you have a brother named balraj by any chance?? :)

Clio 172 Mk2
lol at this thread...

I work at County Hall in Hertford, theres a school oposite us, I think thats Richard Hale?

I drive a dark blue Clio 172, you dont see a lot of 172\182 in Hertford, but another guy I work with has got a 182.

The charvils roundabout isnt the small roundabout thats got Ware, Hertford, and Stevenage running off it has it? Im thinking about the 602, the big long bypass going to Stevenage

M140i/Orange 182
FishThrower said:
lol at this thread...

I work at County Hall in Hertford, theres a school oposite us, I think thats Richard Hale?

I drive a dark blue Clio 172, you dont see a lot of 172\182 in Hertford, but another guy I work with has got a 182.

The charvils roundabout isnt the small roundabout thats got Ware, Hertford, and Stevenage running off it has it? Im thinking about the 602, the big long bypass going to Stevenage

hahaha i work at county hall!!!! that makes a 172, one blue 182 and one inferno (me) this thead gets better! :D

Ted182 said:
yup no.20 indeed! crazy stuff this thread...raj do you have a brother named balraj by any chance?? :)

yes i do... how old are you? were you in his year at richard hale?

M140i/Orange 182
haha yes mate! iam 20 i know who you are now! my names Tom! used to be best mates with daryl hyde!! remember? bk in the day! :D

ive known your bro for time, he hangs around with DJ and Matt(they live down my road too), i spoke to him in the stone house about a month ago...school friends!

Clio 172 Mk2
Ted182 said:
hahaha i work at county hall!!!! that makes a 172, one blue 182 and one inferno (me) this thead gets better! :D

ah didnt know that, I have seen a silver Mk1 172 at CHALL around before. The light blue 182 is Neils car (he works with me). I havent seen a inferno 182 in the carpark though, have you just got it?

What dep at CHALL do you work for? I work for Serco on 4th floor.

How did a 20 year old manage to get insured on a 182? I cant imagine that would of been cheap!!

EDIT: oh sorry, you said you lived at door 20.. my bad :)

M140i/Orange 182
FishThrower said:
ah didnt know that, I have seen a silver Mk1 172 at CHALL around before. The light blue 182 is Neils car (he works with me). I havent seen a inferno 182 in the carpark though, have you just got it?

What dep at CHALL do you work for? I work for Serco on 4th floor.

How did a 20 year old manage to get insured on a 182? I cant imagine that would of been cheap!!

EDIT: oh sorry, you said you lived at door 20.. my bad :)

hi mate, iam based in corporate service room 319...and yes iam 20 with a 182 :D its all good!
ive never seen a blue 172 there before, theres a mk1 172 exclusive that i see alot, and blue 182.

you should come along to the herts meet next month, dont think you can view that section as you are not a member....sign up! £5 job done :)

got my 182 in middle of december by the way..oh and insurance was £1183 FC with elephant..2 and a half years no claim! :D

Clio 172 Mk2
ah I normally park my car at the back lower carpark (not the underground one), the one with the dodgy surface thats really easy to skid on when its wet.

Im not really into car meets, not my thing, but then again I have never been on one, wouldnt mind going on a trackday though.

You pay £1183 a year for a group 16 car!?
Im paying £1580 here with no no claims and im 22 yeaes old. Hertfords postcode must be better lol

M140i/Orange 182
yea i sometimes park in the underground or round the back of the underground (if you get wot i mean??)

mate, ive never been to a meet either its a good chance to meet other people with the same interest i think it will be good..but each to there own! :)

live in ware not hertford btw.