ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup Cutting out! PLEASE HELP!!!

Just been out today! and 10 mins down the road my car died on me! it has done this before! And when i tryed to start it i could not!

i dont know if it is over heating??

i waited about 20 mins then drove off! 5 mins down the road it died again! waited another 40 mins! tryed it again! down the road it died! after the 3rd time i now have got a light on the dash!

warninglight.jpg
dash.jpg

Here is what the manual says the light is! its the orange one circled on the right hand side!

If anyone can help that would be much appreciated!

Cheers

Trev

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
emissions light

it's a sensor problem, more than likely.

pre or post-cat lambda is normally the weak link.

damn! how expensive are these? and are they easy to fit yourself? or would it be best to get it diagnostic checked at renault?

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
If you have AA cover they can come out and plug their diagnostics into the car and read the fault. Its cheaper than renault so worth a shot.

I had the same sort of problem, was getting the same warning light( although mine didnt cut out), so called the AA. They came out diagnosed it as a broken coil pack. He called the local renault garage asked them to reserve a coil pack, then drove there to get it. Came back and fitted it and the problem was gone.

If you have AA cover they can come out and plug their diagnostics into the car and read the fault. Its cheaper than renault so worth a shot.

I had the same sort of problem, was getting the same warning light( although mine didnt cut out), so called the AA. They came out diagnosed it as a broken coil pack. He called the local renault garage asked them to reserve a coil pack, then drove there to get it. Came back and fitted it and the problem was gone.

thats a good idea, but no unfortunatly i not got any break down cover! maybe it could be the air filter? i done nearly 18000 miles in just over 3 and half years and its never had a new one!

DC5
Is there a bad smell coming from the car too?

My ex had this issue in her 1.4. Was a coil pack as said above.

had the RAC come out they diagnostic checked it and it is the throttle sensor! he has cleared the code so the light dont come on now but its still cutting out and not starting! he said the sensor thinks there is to much fuel going into the engine which then shuts the engine down because it will be poluting the atmophere! hence why its a toxic fume warning light!

so i got to have it towed to renault for a new sensor! missions!!!

172cup
cheaper than i thought mate...

although its not too late to telll them to poke it up their arse... and go get one at a scrappy.

Been through 3 post cat llamda sensors now :rolleyes:
Find why you have to have them chnaged itsobviously not a sensor problem if you're had 3.

Re the original poster Try cleaning the throttle body no need to always get a new body thats the expensive warently etc fix.

GDI 227bhp ITB`d 172 cup
mine came on, found out the cat was f**ked!! d-cat it was then :D alot cheaper than a new cat :eek:

lift number 1 @ btm
thats a lot of money for the throttle body! i had one not long ago, i'm sure it was £170!!