ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 cup misfire replaced common parts

Tj172

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Track car
My 172 cup started misfiring yesterday on cylinder 2, ive replaced the injector, plug, lead and coil with known working parts off my other 172. ill run a compression test tomorrow, but is there anything else i should be checking? Rs tuner brings up a generic misfire code but nothing else.

Tj172

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Track car
Unplugged it and it died but i haven't swapped it out yet, could it cause a cylinder specific misifre?

Clio 182
I would imagine so! My did the same thing thought it was a lambda so stripped the underside of the car as the thread stripped on the manifold, only to find it was this! Try spraying break cleaner in it and see if that helps first

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tj172

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Track car
Ok mate ill just swap it with my other one first and ill check lambda too. Thanks

Clio 182
Also you could try swapping the leads like swap the cylinder 2 for cylinder 4 and see if the code changes to cylinder 4 then you would know where the issue is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Megane 225 Trophy
Compression test would rule out a few things so id try that first bud.
This was exactly how mine started and found out piston & rings had melted. Check my piston detonation thread above.

Any smoke coming through oil cap?