ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 cup misfire

My cup has just randomly developed a misfire and wondering where to start really. A while back it cut out and wouldn't restart which turned out to be dirty connections at the 5 pin relay which I sorted and has been fine since. It's also had a new TDC sensor and the plugs were changed 15k ago. The car has always been great and doesn't get thrashed, I regularly use it to do 300 mile round trips and never have any issues.

You can hear it miss at idle slightly and then when you press the loud pedal it splutters. It is drivable but is splitters at low revs, there are no warning lights on or anything?

Cup & Impreza Terzo3
Could possibly be the coil pack or leads. I'd recommend getting a diagnostic check done.

Passat 170 DSG Wagon
Yep. 10mm deep socket to remove fuel rail guard and then you'll see the injectors on the fuel rail. The wiring plugs come off each injector with a little clip.