ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup Revving when dipping clutch

SchwepTek™
Morning all

So my shed (nearly 135k miles now!!!) recently had a new injector and since then has been revving itself when dipping the clutch whilst coming to a stand still. This seems to be most pronounced when cold but it is rarely getting warm lately as the drive to work is roughly 4 minutes...

The few other threads I've found seem to point to an air leak...

Here's a vid, clutch pressed fully in at roughly 4k revs.

Any ideas?

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
I don't know the 172 lumps, but does the inlet have to come off to change the injectors? Maybe an air leak on the inlet if so?

my 182 has started doing this out of the blue not sure what it is, stops when warm but when cold dip the clutch and rev go up and down between 2000 and 1200 :/

SchwepTek™
Reset the ECU with a battery disconnect yesterday. Left it for a few hours and then took it out for a nice hour long thrash. All seems well when warm but defo still doing it on cold start for a good 5-10mins.

330i. E30 Touring.
Make sure the inlet manifold is bolted down right.

Make sure the pipe work going into it are fixed..

Other than that, just have a general listen...

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
Spray around various areas where an air leak could be with brake cleaner and listen for a change in revs = air leak found.

SchwepTek™
Had a good listen and can't hear anything but guessing it's something to do with the fuel rail so will have to try and find some brake cleaner out here in Berlin...