ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup stalls on Low Revs

RS Clio 172 Cup
Hi People,

My car seems to die on me on low revs. When setting off, i have to give it some revs or otherwise it will die on me. It sort of idles fine. Recently it has had new plugs, Oil change, Cleaned the MAP sensor, and has had a second hand CAT with lambda sensors put on. It failed its MOT on high CO readings but think that was due to it having a De-Cat.

All other sensors are in place and think they are working fine.

If i disconnect the MAP plug out of the sensor the car stalls and if i fully pull out the MAP sensor the revs go higher.

Can anyone shine some light onto this problem?

BTW, its a 2002 172 Cup

Cheers
Mark

R26
Well mine had loads of hairline cracks in the top white parts

Get a second hand one though mate and try it, mine only cost £25

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
Renault say that carb cleaner will damage the throttle body seal/gasket (from Dialogys). They recommend removing the TB then cleaning it to avoid any damage. Might therefore be a leaking seal.

oVerboost.

South West
ClioSport Area Rep
  Clio 182 LY
Do a compression test, just to rule out any internal problems... Mine turned out to be low compression on cylinder 3 so suspect a exhaust valve has burnt. :(