ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 cup struggled to start?

My cup has been great, no issues or anything however earlier today it was turning over for a good while and just wouldnt fire! It took a good 3 or 4 tries and then spluttered and came to life. It's been fine since!

Any ideas where to start with this one?

Cheers
Tony

Audi A3
battery?

mine was spluttering to start a few weeks back, and not holding charge so dash lights etc were going out.

fitted a new battery last week and all is well

Battery is fine has loads of juice and is nice and strong! Immobiliser light is going off too, so don't think it's that neither..

R60 CUP
could be your starter motor mate, may be worn out and is on its last leggs harsh winters play havoc with them and alternators

No, sorry I must have not explained it very well.. Starter was cranking engine over perfectly plenty of battery juice and everything, just not firing that's all :)

Cheers

And it's now started cutting out. The orange light in the middle of my warning lights came on like the electrical pulse light..??

R60 CUP
Ahhh sounds like ur coil pack is on the way out then mate that orange sighn is the "coil pack is dieing sighn"

R60 CUP
hmmm could do but tbh mate coil pack would be my first port of call and no not expensive really but wen you get to it i would change the pack, leads and the plugs to just to make sure you done a proper job, i had a similiar problem on my cup coil packs are week on clios its a known fact lol

R60 CUP
Maybe it has completely gone now! if its the coil pack there might be nothing he can do about it :/

R60 CUP
yeah good idea mate try one at a time if one cures the problem send the other one bcak and get your money back lol ;)

OBD fault codes are reading the following:
0040 throttle potentiometer circuit permanent
0140 throttle potentiometer circuit intermittent
0160 supply +12v after actuator relay fault
1291 ignition coil 1-4 circuit permanent
12F1 idle regulation circuit permanent
1311 ignition coil 1-4 circuit intermittent
1371 idle regulation circuit intermittent

So coil looks faulty, dunno what the others are telling me?

New coil pack installed - no difference. Euro car parts also gave me the wrong (old style) tdc sensor and mine has the blue connector so need to get from Renault and try that. I can hear the fuel pump prime as well. I've pulled the 3 black relays and cleaned them up too.. Any other suggestions in case it's not tdc sensor?

R60 CUP
wel for one i think where its saying coil 1-4 intermitent it means its not getting a correct current or spark to or from the coil so could either be leads or new plugs needed, but for the other codes i have no idea mate, its all to do with the power supply tho, so something some where is breaking down causing all those codes to come out as they are all interlinked together