ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 CUP what mods next help please

172cup.Mr2TurboStiV5
So far I've done sportlines, camber bolts, whiteline rear arb, lightened flywheel, decent pads disks fluid+lines. Everything else is stock.

Now it's my day to day car but also my nurburgring ring car ;)

what should my next mods be??

I was thinking lighter seats, definitely better tyres for the next ring trip (t1r's ATM) and possibly dropping down to 15s but I love the standard cup rims.

Opinions would be great??

here's a pic how she currently looks ......

61a101d1340823d03a2fcff1a9ac865d.jpg

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
RSTuner Fastchip remap is quite a nice cost effective mod,
makes the car a lot more drivable and smooths out the 5k kick.

Are you still on the standard exhaust?

RB Clio 182
Ive come from a tubo charged car and i could feel the 5k kick more than i could feel the turbo kick in my burg corsa, i loved it, thats what i i liked most tbh.

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
But doesn't the lack of power up to 5k piss you off?

I put the standard map back on mine once, it lasted 10 minutes before I re-loaded the 98ron fastchip map,
the car felt broken on the OEM map.

172cup.Mr2TurboStiV5
Yeh stock exhaust, the car pulls really well low down with the lightened flywheel.

how much is a map??

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
Have you considered a good quality 2.5" exhaust?

An RSTuner box can be picked up for around £100-150 second hand,
then you buy a licence off the Fastchip site, as once used the box is locked to a specific car,
so the licence unlocks it so you can use it on your car.

Then you buy a map and a calibration file and you remap the car yourself with a laptop.

So for around £200-250 quid you can remap it and the box can read and clear fault codes as well.

Or you can sell it on and get most of your money back.

172cup.Mr2TurboStiV5
Ahhhh right do you notice much of a difference when it's mapped? I've never had a NA mapped before. Had my mr2 mapped loads but obviously that's totally different.

ive not thought about an exhaust actually, as long as its really quiet that might be on the cards??

Fiesta ST-2 Finsport
You haven't said what you want to improve on the cup? More speed, handling etc? Rstuner will improve day to day running but don't expect it to catch your y-fonts on fire, remaps on NA are not what there like on a charged engine! Does improve on cold start lumpiness and gives a less restrictive map generally!

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
I like the standard cup wheels, I'd keep them.

these cars handle well from standard, if you still want the everyday luxuries and ride.
I'd buy some new standard shocks all round. And good tyres. The rest in fuel and enjoy.

matched inlets, remap? Leave it as it is then IMO

172cup.Mr2TurboStiV5
I just want to improve the car where possible really.

Im getting to the point where the alloys need a refurb & new tyres! So if it handles better on 15s it makes sense to upgrade.do 15s with sport lines look ok?

The seats creak a fair bit & I'm not a fan of the driving position being 6ft 4!. If I can save weight at the same time then great.

Doesnt the cup come with matched inlets or am I talking rubbish??

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
The standard turinis go for good money, if you need tyres then just sell the wheels.

15's do look good in them, but the car needs to be lowered.

The cup front seats don't weigh much anyway I don't think? There's no air bags in them or anything, but you can still save weight by putting to buckets in.

The cup comes with stamped R.S inlets which are better than others, but still have room for improvement having them matched.

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
defo keep the wheels standard bud lovely example of a cup BTW it all depends on your budget really matched inlets, cams, custom map, KTR 2 RS IND KIT AND EXHAUST AND DECAT WILL GET U IN THE 190'S

phase 2 172
I've just had my cup cammed by Fred at btm,and that's transformed the car/power delivery,it felt decent before ,it now feels like a quick car.Not cheap after mapping etc ,but still think its worth it.