ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 half leather seat same as cup, structurally?

Iceberg Ph2 172
I couldn't find anything in a search so i apologize if this is covered often.

My 172 seats have become a bit tatty, squeaky and imo offer no way near as much support as my campus sport 1.2 seats did, which were the same seat as a 172 cup bar the colour.

Am i right in thinking that the 172 seat isn't just a recovered cup seat, as until the day i can justify buying trendlines over other possible mods or maintenance id rather go for the cup seats, unless they are the same.

Can anyone clear this up for me?

2014 Clio 200t edc
I am pretty certain they are all the same seats just trimmed in different material. (172,cup,1.2/4/6) except for the rear as iirc the cup only had 2 seats in the back as opposed to 3 in other clios.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Dynamique, privilege, and sport seats are all the same structurally. Just different covers.

Iceberg Ph2 172
So it seems that my seats may just have lost their support so to speak, if it's not that they are in fact a different seat.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Also, the 1*2 seats have lumbar support, whereas the Cup ones don't...unsure about the standard model seats though.