ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 manual headlight adjuster not working

Phase 2 172
Hi all, having some problems with the manual headlight adjuster on the drivers side of my 172.

Tonight i I adjusted the lights manually up a tad so I could actually see where I was going at night! I ended up going a bit too far with them so lowered them down again, but the drivers side didn't want to lower back down, so now it sits far too high. The passenger side adjusted back down as normal but get drivers side won't, even though I could adjust it up.

Anyone know what's going on? I can still hear the motor working and see that the light auto levels when the ignition is switched on but I can't actually move it manually, unlike the passenger side.

HELP!!

The inside of the lamp has poped off the adjuster stalk. I couldn't get mine back on without removing the lamp, then it took about 5 seconds once I could see what was going on! If you remove one of the rubbers on the rear to access the bulb area, put a couple of fingers in(!) and you can feel the inside of the lamp pivot along the horizontal, screw the adjuster down where it was and pull the insides towards it to clip it back in.

Phase 2 172
Which rubber is it I should be removing? Removed the one closest to the wing (outside of the car) and the whole light unit inside is wobbling about as if it's not secure

Which rubber is it I should be removing? Removed the one closest to the wing (outside of the car) and the whole light unit inside is wobbling about as if it's not secure

remove both and get a torch to look inside, not easy that's why I removed the lamp. If you get your fingers under the unit inside, and pull back, lifting the lamp up and back it will snap back onto the stalk, fiddly though!

Phase 2 172
remove both and get a torch to look inside, not easy that's why I removed the lamp. If you get your fingers under the unit inside, and pull back, lifting the lamp up and back it will snap back onto the stalk, fiddly though!

Ahh ok will try that. Did you just remove the whole headlight unit to do then? Cos that might be easier