ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 on motorway to coventry racing a GTR

EP3 and Turbz
Longshot but I saw a 172? Racing a white GTR on the way to coventry. They come flying past me off the slip road onto the motorway, fairplay to the clio owner for doing his best to keep up! Anyone on here?

EP3 and Turbz
I honestly didn't see who won. It was on the GTRs tail pulling onto the motorway, then they both shifted over to the right hand lane and booted it and they took off. So I presume the GTR won

Listerine & Poledo
I saw a Clio "racing" a ferrari once.

In the same way that Suzanne Boyle could "race" Usain Bolt.

You could fill her full of steroids and lucozade for days but she'll still lose, badly.

Clios.....they're like 2-litre hatchbacks, only.....errrrr.

yeah

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Even if it was boosted the gtr would walk away?

Depends on the spec of both.

Certainly easy enough to make a Clio quicker from 50-150 (sort of speeds mentioned here) than a standard GTR.

Standard one is around 15 seconds for that (17 when evo tested it), and loads of modified cars can beat that, my vauxhall nova for example

Last edited:
  Full Fat 182
I drove a GT-R today at Silverstone. When I got back in the Clio it felt like I was driving a Fiat 126.

There's no way a standard Clio could keep up, the 0-60 is 3.5 secs and then the power just keeps on. Such a great car... still got a serious adrenaline buzz. I believe the first lap at the end of Hanger Straight (the only one where I had a chance to look down at the dials) I was in excess of 130mph. Just wish I could afford to have driven more than 3 laps!

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Having had a GTR for a week (assuming we are talking current R35) there is no way a clio would be anywhere near it, even if the clio was boosted.

clio 182 trophy
I drove a GT-R today at Silverstone. When I got back in the Clio it felt like I was driving a Fiat 126.

There's no way a standard Clio could keep up, the 0-60 is 3.5 secs and then the power just keeps on. Such a great car... still got a serious adrenaline buzz. I believe the first lap at the end of Hanger Straight (the only one where I had a chance to look down at the dials) I was in excess of 130mph. Just wish I could afford to have driven more than 3 laps!

They guy/girl was prob just trying to see what it could do in real life and was almost certainly not trying to race it. I did this with a 458 before to get him to floor it. He did and the noise was immense!

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Having had a GTR for a week without posting pics, I shall be swiftly banned.

EFA. Get 'em up.

I don't think anyone is seriously comparing a clio to a GTR. I think the only one which would have a chance is the Rooby Clio 172, but that's about as much a clio as I am Benedict Cumberbach.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
EFA. Get 'em up.

I don't think anyone is seriously comparing a clio to a GTR.

edesa2es.jpg

Full Fat 182
They guy/girl was prob just trying to see what it could do in real life and was almost certainly not trying to race it. I did this with a 458 before to get him to floor it. He did and the noise was immense!

Speaking of Ferrari's...

ferrari 36 + clio.jpg

and some evolution

evolution.jpg

Apologies for shameless highjacking...

clio 182 trophy
I wasn't being sarcastic. Of course, it's an unlikely proposition admittedly - but not impossible.

Mine will keep pace with a DB9, for example.

How much power are you running and can you actually put it down well? There is a video of a 300+ clio on youtube, despite being very quick, not gtr quick though. Different league.

Suppose this is what happens when you live your life 1/4 mile at a time!
You're lucky that hundred shot of NOS didn't blow the welds on the intake!