ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Phase 2 - Advice required...

Clio 172 Phase 2
I'm thinking of getting an exhaust for my 172 (2002) and i'm stuck on whether to get a single 4" halfd cut into the bumper or a twin 3.5"?

what do you guys reckons looks better?

Clio 172 Phase 2
how about exit pipes below the side skirts before the rear wheels?? is this illegal?? seens ome cars with this done, mostly american car though??!!

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
keep it to the rear of the car, there is no performance difference between single and twin exit :

280805_4.gif

ant

yep.
R20GRC said:
keep it to the rear of the car, there is no performance difference between single and twin exit :

280805_4.gif

nice - what exhaust is that? whats it like "noise" wise? :)

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
magnex 3.5" x 2 cat back, quite boomy when idling, nice and ample tone when driving around, booting it, not OTT.

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
How about one like mine. Dual 3.5'' (I think) cut into the bumper. Full custom job with Cobra back box. It was on the car when I bought it but looks factory. Sits perfectly and even the tail pipe angles follw the slope of the rear bumper. Shame I can't get it to sit straight though since I took it off doh.
Sorry about the top 3 pics, just taken them now. The bottom 2 are a few weeks old before the Turinis were fitted. The exhaust looked a little worse then I think.

Last edited:
  Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
haribo8 said:
is it loud on the motorway around 70/80?

unfortunately yes, but this is the case with almost all aftermarket exhaust systems (from my experience anyway), but the magnex seems to be one of the quieter ones, at 90/!00 its virtually silent, just drive faster :)

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
R20GRC said:
unfortunately yes, but this is the case with almost all aftermarket exhaust systems (from my experience anyway), but the magnex seems to be one of the quieter ones, at 90/!00 its virtually silent, just drive faster :)
Thats exactly the same as mine. Between 70 and 85 it is almost unbearably loud. Not so much exhausty, more a resonance. But above and below these speeds it's silent. Worth it though. It sounds like a WRC Impreza when booting it.:approve:

Last edited:
  Clio 172mk2
i have the magnex twin and i carnt fault it on the noisy once u get to the speed in 5th uts quite , its not till u wanna increase yer speed when the noise comes