ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Track Project

Ph1 ITB'd 172
Well, having had a 182 for 3-4 months now, I decided that I wanted a bit of a project to do on the side. I therefore ended up buying this:

20101219Clio172-4.jpg

20101219Clio172-3.jpg

20101219Clio172-2.jpg

20101219Clio172-1.jpg

It has a few issues, the engine is knocking so needs the shells replacing. Which ment I got it for a bargain price. Interior is pretty shabby, but I'm going to strip it out and use it as a track car if all goes to plan.

Hopefully sell off anything thats decent like the radio and CD changer, parcel shelf, boot carpet, door cards, etc. to get some money back.

Body work is pretty good, the doors have a few dings, it's got what looks like a brand new exhaust on it and it came with a full tank of fuel!

I am not starting on it in the snow, but as soon as we get a break in the weather I'm going to start stripping the interior and then get the sump off and start work on the engine. I believe it is possible to change the shells whilst the engines in the car.
I have never done any major engine work only service stuff so I'm looking forward to the challenge and will no doubt have some questions for those chaps on here that have done this sort of thing before!

225 Cup & Williams
I seen this sitting last week when i was working down in manchester on the new tram lines looks an alrite base for a track car mate.

Ph1 ITB'd 172
I seen this sitting last week when i was working down in manchester on the new tram lines looks an alrite base for a track car mate.

Who do you work for? I work for Jacobs and we are doing alot of the design work for the Metrolink extensions.

And yeah body work wise its pretty good, interior is disgusting but doesn't matter as its coming out and the engine needs work but like I say I'm going to try and tackle that myself.

Just want this weather to get a bit better and then I can crack on, don't really fancy rolling round in the snow under it!

225 Cup & Williams
I work for Omega we install the earthing for the rails, lamp posts etc.

Should be good fun getting fired into it yourself mate learning as you go sort of thing.

Ph1 ITB'd 172
I work for Omega we install the earthing for the rails, lamp posts etc.

Should be good fun getting fired into it yourself mate learning as you go sort of thing.

Bet the extensions are keeping you busy then. I'm doing the CAD for the track drainage systems.

Yea my dads done alot of engine work years ago so he's going to be the advisor on what to do and I'm going to be doing the work.

225 Cup & Williams
Yeah it was manic last week mate we had to have the majority of it finished before the overhead's went live on monday i think it was. Must be quite a handy job for you it's just down the road from you eh. We stayed in the Etap hotel just down from old trafford.

That's not too bad then somebody to keep you right so you don't f**k up haha.

Ph1 ITB'd 172
I have started stripping the car down, slow progress at the moment as I am busy at work but getting there slowly.

Bought some new wheels off another cliosport member complete with R888’s

Bought some Cobra Monaco bucket seats and some 6 point willans harnesses are on the way.

4 of the Turini’s are sold pending payment. I’ve just got to sell the last one now.

All of the interior bits a bobs will be appearing in the for sale section soon when i get round to photographing them all individually.
201101141.jpg

201101142.jpg

201101144.jpg

201101145.jpg

201101146.jpg

201101147.jpg

201101148.jpg

Last edited: