ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 ’knocking’ sorted once & for all

Clio 172 Cup

so does this NOT fix the rattle when cornering over a bumpy surface in a 172 cup? It could be the problem i guess??? Is it worth a try?

Embarrassed to say

I was told the 172 cup is a powerful front drive car scrambling for grip, their all like that. If fact my mates 182 does the same thing. If its not damaging it im not worried.

I had a corrado vr6 (traction control only worked under 5mph) which would wheelspin in the wet all day with no banging and im certain civic type r dont do it.

didnt think the banging-when-bootin was the traction control? when the tcs working the engine just wont rev and you get the light on the dash flashin - i dont get this when its banging.

i had the knock whilst lifting off in traffic. took it to harrats(?) to get them to check out a noise that sounded like air escaping somewhere, turned out to be cracked flange on the cat - replaced next day, and the guy fixed the knock whilst it was in. first problem(s) with car and im happy with how they delt with it - so long as it doesnt come back ;)

BMW 120i Sport

Noticed a slight knock noise for the first time today, only in first gear when accelerating and coming off the gas suddenly - sounds like the engine rocking or something. Time to read the thread!

Okay i have the knock or like clunk under deceleration. Is it okay to keep driving the car or does it require to be seen to. Id rather leave it to the service in 9 months as the car has already been in once for warranty work, hopefully by then i would have found a decent renault garage.

Yaris Hybrid

Fine to drive the car, just do the mod that everyone else has done. My bit of innertube is still in place and working fine!