ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Aluminium foot rest - talk to me

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
So to follow on from my machining an iphone5 thread my next project is to machine a fancy foot rest.

so existing -

DSC_0663_zpsef65bb43.jpg

and where it comes from

DSC_0662_zps88d9ce7c.jpg

now existing ones you can buy, how do they fit? the original is a funny shape and fitting. ones off ebay are just flat?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Renault-C...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item20dde914cf

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
The ones from MAD and the likes are flat plates that screw and stick on top of the existing plastic footrest.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
I just took the hex screw out and then put the foot rest on top of the plastic foot rest and then re-bolted it.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
im only going to make one, but yes if someone is interested they could buy it

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
indeed, im a bit slow in the design stage, I like things to be perfect. but once done machining wont take long

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Think most people on here probly have one of my design footrests already mate lol

RS6 C7
Ignore the price on eBay at the minute too! We are just out of stock for a few days so put the price up to stop anyone buying one!

You should make a batch and i bet they would sell.

Damn right they would. FIFTY POUNDS for the MAD ones!!! The clue is in the company name...

Marc, why do I get the feeling you're going to machine this out of billet "because you can" ;) Have you got a press brake?

EDIT: Opps, spoke to soon! Sorry MAD!

Ignore the price on eBay at the minute too! We are just out of stock for a few days so put the price up to stop anyone buying one!

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
love it or hate it, heres what im thinking

it wont all be engraving

182footrest_zps191e7aa0.png

The only thing i would say is to take away the "Va Va Vroom" and just have holes all the way down it.
andy_con Would you be interested in doing a one off Clio 182 Trophy one ?

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
like I say love it or hate it... ;-)

maybe let me get the general design sorted, I want to make a jig so I could possibly do more

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Would people be interested in a few different versions?

So two standard designs and then one where people could write whatever they wanted where it says va va voom? Custom would be a fraction more as I'd have to write the code for each one

Oh and a trophy one as well

Not as ghay as "clio sport"

"Renaultsport" is what seperates us from the up-badged 1.2s I see in the corner of tesco carpark ;)

Would people be interested in a few different versions?

So two standard designs and then one where people could write whatever they wanted where it says va va voom? Custom would be a fraction more as I'd have to write the code for each one

Oh and a trophy one as well

Definitely! I might have two depending on prices.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Now price, what would people pay?

I can never be as cheap as others, theirs are laser cut so no engraving and they order lots.

Would be interested in peoples thoughts

182 Cup & DCi 172
Not sure on pricing but would consider one providing it said Renault Sport rather than Clio Sport and as others have said lose the va va voom as well. Personally I think Clio 182 would sit better where the va va voom was with Renault Sport as the large text.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
as I said I could do an option where people write what they want, or just have holes there.

Subaru, arctic 182FF
I would definitely be interested so long as the price wasnt like the super rare jaguar one :-D
But also agree with others, Renault Sport would be better

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
there are many designs, im just trying to make the design easier.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQPsAhhtRpS5f6geSO7MS3oQMNte22inEKQt_aPFt26g-QSVrIeLw.jpg

if someone wants to convert that image into a CAD file then great ;)