ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 and 172 exhaust production

172//Crap Micra//Bus
No, it aint having none of it for some reason... dunno why... can you vouch for the workmanship then fin

Thanks for the encouragement people..It means a lot...

Yep anything can have a custom system made for it just give me a shout

Guys...Im not going to be on the forum now until after this comming weekend... Ive got a heck of a lot of work to do getting ready for our first major show of the season , Once the hang over as gone I'll be back on here after the 21st

Cheers for now

Fin
www.dynoflow.co.uk

RS Clio 172 Phase 2
Hi guys reading this thread with great interest from here in OZ, i wont have to pay VAT but getting it shipped could be a prob :dapprove:

i have a phase 2 172 and would be interested depending on cost and feight? what would be the best and most economical way to ship it?

cut in half and get rewelded and fitted by someone who knows what they are doing over here?

Recaro'd 182
matt i assume from that clip you have standard cat? sounds great that clip.

Do you have induction kit on that as well?

Clio 182 FF/Cup Packs

Matt,
How does it sound when you're not gunning it? i.e. just general driving. I'm looking for something that'll sound nice like that when it's going hell for leather but also easy to live with day to day.

Is that asking too much? :eek:

Hi guys reading this thread with great interest from here in OZ, i wont have to pay VAT but getting it shipped could be a prob :dapprove:

i have a phase 2 172 and would be interested depending on cost and feight? what would be the best and most economical way to ship it?

cut in half and get rewelded and fitted by someone who knows what they are doing over here?

Hi Chris,
Aero Have a distributor in Oz :approve: Contact the www.aeroexhaust.com and ask them for the details... This will mean you have all the components available, You just need a competent Exhaust fabricator :)

Good luck

(PS we can ship a system out by www.baxglobal.com once Im ready and happy with everything)

Cheers
Fin

2002 172
matt i assume from that clip you have standard cat? sounds great that clip.

Do you have induction kit on that as well?

hi mark, yes standard cat is still in. yes i do have an open cone filter for the time being as im in the process of buying some ITB's :)

thanks bud

2002 172

Matt,
How does it sound when you're not gunning it? i.e. just general driving. I'm looking for something that'll sound nice like that when it's going hell for leather but also easy to live with day to day.

Is that asking too much? :eek:

lol not asking too much at all. general day to day driving is fantastic you know its there but you dont KNOW its there if you get my drift ;)

when you floor it all hell breaks loose, i love it the sound to me is perfection

Recaro'd 182
Fin i would be intersted in seeing pics and hearing this exhaust system once its completed next week :)

I also have a 182 for 2 days on the 24th and 25th of April so with a bit of luck things might get moving on the Jig....This customer wants a twin rear box system... using the 2 x AT2525XL Silencers and the same tips as Matt had (cut down in length) to fit the boxes... If this combination works well it could be the way to go for the 182's

Will get pics and a Vid no problem at all

Only got the car for Thursday now as the owner is back on Gaurd Duty on Friday after noon

172//Crap Micra//Bus
I still have no idea if im booked in or not... I know Fin got someone else in for my intended date!? Sound like something I want, but not as sure now tbh!

GIVE ME A CALL and book a date if you want.... I think we had a misscommunication before. As in I beleaved you were thinking of comming over for one... But by the evening the slot was taken

Im now booking cars in for the 7th of may and after

Weekends are also being taken up by Shows and Shop support... so weekend days with the welder are becoming harder to get

I only have one pair of hands ;-)

Waiting by the phone :) Ring the office number 01522 853858

Oooh ..Hurry up..me steak is about cooked and a beer is out of the fridge ...lol

172//Crap Micra//Bus
Lol, will be 1 long day for me, me thinks... would a 3.5" Tips not look a little big and ott though?!

Well, Another 182 was finished yesterday.

Totaly different from the first one, and a lot more work this time

We ran out of light and time for pics and Vids but he is comming back on Monday so we can get some taken...

This one does look and sound well! Very Deep tone to the exhaust note,
79 db on tick over 92 db 1/3 throttle 99db hard reving. It sounds different to every other Exhaust for these cars IMO

I have a few options to quieten it down if need's be but its to the owners taste

This one has a High Flow CatCo USA Cat (Made for BIG engines) then into 2 x AR25 then y'ed and into two AT2525XL (With the Aero Turbine tech inside) and straight out the back by two ST2535F Tips

Sorry for the wait for pictures will be up soon as poss

Have a good weekend

Cheers
Fin
www.dynoflow.co.uk
www.aeroexhaust.co.uk

Monaco 172
I want one !:)
Do you sell these all ready fabracated or do you have to come to the garage to buy one, then get it fitted, as i live miles away. :mad:

Hi Pich,

in time we hope to release the best of the systems as a ready to fit retail boxed item... BUT its going to take time... Just getting the car for a period of time needed to get the project off the ground is a difficult one. Short of buying a car and using it for development work its a problem we have to get around with the owners help

In the mean time I can custom build any of the Clio system designs in a Full Day at our workshop in Lincoln (Ibis hotel is just around the corner if anyone wants to stay over night and we are just 2 hours away from London & Manchester

172//Crap Micra//Bus
Haha... it is a trek, but I cant wait now... really looking forward to gettin it all done... not sure what il do in Lincoln for a day tho tbh... LOL!

First 172 system was done yesterday, And to be honest not a complete sucsess. BUT I know how to solve it and Im reworking the system on Thursday.

THis system wanted to be quiet but sporty. Well Ive got it down to 90.3 db at 1m away, which is abaout as low as a straight through system you can get. With a great sounding Deep tone. Stand at the front of the car and you can not hear the exhaust note over the engine noise... Stand at the back and its burbling away

So I was happy...BUT we have found that the deep tone travels directly through the car and resonates at around 3000 to 4000 rpm , Its sounds like it comming straight through the rear hatch :-(

On thursday this week Im totaly rebuilding the rear silencer in to a custom resonator to deal with the problem. Im also going to look again at the hanging solutions we have available as the front OEM mount is useless and the one rear mount wont hold the system solid enough for my liking.

All part of the development work Im affraid and nothing I can not sort with a little time and effort (now in my time and all FOC for this customer...but its got to be right)

So Andy, Dont worry I'll be able to navigate around this issue before you come over, and we will know exactly what we need to do.

Oooh by the way. One of the 182 Exhaust cut out plastic trim's on the back looks good !

Pics of the system so far to follow in a bit

http://s25.photobucket.com/albums/c83/asoundsolution/?action=view&current=SNV30914.flv
Video Link....As said its not actualy very loud, My camer Mic distorts easy and this one only did it on the run down

SNV30904.jpg

SNV30905.jpg

SNV30906.jpg

SNV30907.jpg

SNV30910.jpg

SNV30913.jpg

Just to add the end of the little resonator silencer cone in the tip will disapear from view once a bit of carbon forms on the tube

TVR Cerbera
BUT we have found that the deep tone travels directly through the car and resonates at around 3000 to 4000 rpm , Its sounds like it comming straight through the rear hatch :-(

Im also going to look again at the hanging solutions we have available as the front OEM mount is useless and the one rear mount wont hold the system solid enough for my liking.

Fin, let us know what solution you come up with on the OEM hangers, cos both mine are shot and if you come up with something, i won't replace mine yet, i'll get it done when i bring it to you.

Also the resonation at 3-4K happens on mine but has been reduced when i moved the middle box back towards the back of the car, with the pipe you sold me.

the 172 system you made, has it got 3 aero silencers on it? if so is there enough space if you moved the 1st box to in front of the over axle bend? if not how loud would it be with 3 aero boxes?
exhaust.gif

cheers Daz

Last edited: