ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Cambelt change Garages in Essex / South east?

Well even though there's an invoice for a cam belt change and a stamp in the book at 44k ish it was with the dealer who sold the car to the previous owner, and being concerned about what was changed, if it was just the cam belt itself, no tensioners or what not and if the aux belt was changed (cars on 55k and doesnt look original so looks like it has been changed)... im going to have the belts and possibly dephaser changed soon.

Ive had a quote from Ren o Tec in Chelmsford, not too far from me, anyone know if there ok to go to? there quote was around 4 hundred for both belt kits, no dephaser.

Mark fish who i know is trust able but quoted me 2 hundred more than ren o tec... and im wondering weather to get the dephaser changed now out of proceedure, and adding that to mark fishes price would be kind of ridiculous.

Ive read about ren7oaks and looked into it but have forgot what i read up about them now.

Are there any others close? i would travel but im working and tbh the easier the job including travel and cost the better, already spent a small fortune on the car.

I might change the engine mount over first to see what the cambelt looks like.

Edit: reading over it, i dont mean an invoice... thats what i dont have, theres a written agreement on the sales invoice "car to be cleaned and cambelt changed" and a stamp in the book and thats why im not 100%

Anyway so repeating myself but if anyone can give me some advice of anyone local id appreciate it :)

Engine dynamics in Kelvedon, also since renault have now fixed prices for cambelt changes you can consider them Gallows corner, Romford.

Cheers mate ill look into that, yeah i saw the fixed price, the 399 isnt for the sports though? does anyone know what the price is for a 182 at renault roughly, I have one close to me in Enfield, if the price was right id use them i guess.

Well i phoned my local renault and they wanted £644 for just the belts and quoted "a few hundred more" for the dephaser...

I looked on engine dynamics site and its £350 for the belts which is a very good price, and if its around that plus dephaser at £160 + then thats a good price, and an hours drive away, are they reputable?

Anyone else got any other garages and rough prices?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
pm Rob he's used some guys near you. From memory they were called Two tech's.

(Should have bought my RB.....)

Well i phoned my local renault and they wanted £644 for just the belts and quoted "a few hundred more" for the dephaser...

I looked on engine dynamics site and its £350 for the belts which is a very good price, and if its around that plus dephaser at £160 + then thats a good price, and an hours drive away, are they reputable?

Anyone else got any other garages and rough prices?

My other half got their 225 megane done at engine dynamics in october, very satisfied. Ill be using them in the future

SG9 Forester STi
If not AMD technik in lakeside were great with ben_r1's Clio. Fitted cams etc. I've had no problems with them either.

Cheers everyone, PM'd rob but googled shortly after and they look good, im close to bluewater and they offer a drop off service to bluewater, i need to enquire about the price but that dependant that garage could be the one, how long roughly does it take to do the work? im just thinking how long id have to kill walking endlessly around shops.

Ok anyone else got any other local garages i could try? ive got a quote for ren o tec and mark fish without dephaser, reno tec is ok but would be the end of 6 hundred with dephaser.

Two techs are around 7 with the dephaser which is good, but engine dynamics are the best around 5 and a half with the dephaser so i might be making a trip up there girlfriend following behind.

Any other local recommendations please?

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Ok anyone else got any other local garages i could try? ive got a quote for ren o tec and mark fish without dephaser, reno tec is ok but would be the end of 6 hundred with dephaser.

Two techs are around 7 with the dephaser which is good, but engine dynamics are the best around 5 and a half with the dephaser so i might be making a trip up there girlfriend following behind.

Any other local recommendations please?

I think you're gonna be looking at 600 ish tbh mate. As far as I know the dephaser is £150 for the part alone, add the belt prices, oil etc etc and labour and 600 will be about right.