ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Cup splitter fitting help!!

Clio 182
Hi guys

Not sure if i'm being dumb here, but I've brought a replacement standard Clio 182 cup splitter from Renault because the other one came off and i'm having a few problems fitting it.

It looks like the original one had been fitted by having new holes drilled rather then using the holes that were there. I got some screws with the splitter, but where the holes are on the bumper there are cut out gaps along the splitter.

Is it a case of i'm missing some mounting brackets that fit into the gaps along the splitter or do I have to drill some mounting holes into the splitter?

I'm not very good with a drill so I don't fancy drilling holes into the splitter as I know it will only end in tears!!!

Any help would be great!!

Thanks

Paul

I was wandering how easy the cup splitters are to fit.

As i was gonna get a Ktec Carbon one but wandered how i'd fit it without f**king it up.

Lee

BMW M2C
When I fitted one to my 172 I just jacked the front up as high as I could get it then held the splitter against the bumper, taped it on, drilled it in situ then used the 8 self tappers to attach it to the car.

New splitters don't come drilled, dealers just fit them the same way. The second one I had on the Trophy was stapled on by the garage which made it a b**ch to remove when it got craceked, the current one is just screwed on with the 8 self tappers.

Clio Sport 182
just put the screws in a drill/driver and run em thro the spoiler in to bumper as they are self tappers they will find there own way !!

Clio Sport 172
Thinking of getting a cup splitter for my 172, how much they cost from renault?
Dont fancy a carbon one from K-tec........any where else I can get a standard on from rather than Renault....gota be pricey from them!!!!