ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 ff, cup, or standard?

GONE!!Yozza'd BG 182
Looking to buy a clio 182, some good deals out there on different spec cars, so just wondering what peoples opinions are on the 182 cup, ff , and standard? Looking to spend around the 3k mark so what could I get? Car will only be used for fun lol

This one ^ (someday)
Got my Arctic Blue 182 FF for sale at the moment, looking for £2600 for it. 100k miles, FSH, All belts done and generally very good nick. Message me if you're interested.

You'll want an FF as it has Air con and Xenons whilst retaining the cup packs.

2014 Clio 200t edc
As addicted said, don't get a cup, get a normal 182, with or without cup packs. If you get without cup suspension pack, you have a wider choice of suspension products available and normally cheaper too.

Not a huge difference between cup packed or no but it will affect the resale value not having them. Kinda like a desireable optional extra in that regard.

Expect to pay quite a bit less for a non-cup-packed titanium silver or black gold 182 than for a cupped racing blue or liquid yellow.

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
ive owned both and now own a 172 cup now i loved my BG FF 182 esp in the summer with air con and its more comfy with the half leather alcantara seats but i prefer my cup as a drivers car and there a future classic it all depends what you are after i would personally say get a 172 cup but beware as you buy take your time in picking the right one for you there are a lot of dogs around!!

E46, looking 4 a 182
I'm in exactly the same dilema. Dont know which one to go for is the trophy worth the extra?

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
ff.

no brainer imo. you get to have the cup packs, but not the pov interior :) and you can get more colours if you go ff

n8 dtt... a trophy is only worth the extra if you want the exclusivity/ handling. apparently theyre very harsh day to day. drive both and see how you feel

GONE!!Yozza'd BG 182
But how much difference will a 182 standard and 182 ff have in terms of handling? Can't be that noticeable?

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
just that bit stiffer and sharper, remember a non cup pack 182 will still handle on par if not better than a standard 172 and you never saw any of us moaning about them back in the day!!

DB.

BMW 440i
FF if it has the spoiler/splitter.

If not, i'd go standard and have the silver wheels, as I prefer these over the anthracite ones.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
I've been mulling over the same question, I think the cup appeals to me for the poverty spec of it, just something a bit different

however, I really fancy climate control/xenons/fogs etc etc so I'm starting to lean to a FF in RB if I can find a good one, but then the price goes up, and I have a very similar budget to yours.

basically, go out and drive all the variations and see which you feel is for you, that's my plan!

PB Clio 172
I would say just go with what you find

if you find a dog of a 182 FF and a stunning 182 with no cup packs, I know which one I would buy