ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Misfire on Cylinder 4

Any help would be appreciated..

I didnt run my clio for about 2 weeks during the bad weather we've had and when i came back to it every time i start it up when the engines cold the emissions light is flashing until the engine gets warm, when i put my foot down the engine seems fine but when im stood still it seems to rumble and shake. So out comes my little OBD2 scanner which is reading the fault P0304 Cylinder 4 Misfire Detected, So far I've only changed the spark plug and it seems no change at all, WD's the coil pack connections but I've got a Coil pack and new leads reserved from ECP on Monday but any other ideas?

Cheers

320d
Check the injector, take the fuel rail guard off and unplug injector my pressing the metal clip on the electrical connector and if the engine note doesn't change that is the problem.

Clio 182
You could have saved money on plugs, by just swapping them around and seeing if the misfire move with it, test injector, and check sparks...try testing before replacing trial and error will cost alot of money on long run dude....good luck mate

I had some Redex Injector cleaner laying about so i added that, and it seemed to fix the problem.. for a few days atleast!

Check the injector, take the fuel rail guard off and unplug injector my pressing the metal clip on the electrical connector and if the engine note doesn't change that is the problem.
I've got this week off from work so im gonna change the injectors to test if it is a faulty injector.

You could have saved money on plugs, by just swapping them around and seeing if the misfire move with it, test injector, and check sparks...try testing before replacing trial and error will cost alot of money on long run dude....good luck mate
I had a spare set so i thought i'd just change the plugs instead of changing them around, I read up with the stuff from ECP and it's aload of crap so im gonna test it more tomorrow before i buy anything...

clio 182
Any help would be appreciated..

I didnt run my clio for about 2 weeks during the bad weather we've had and when i came back to it every time i start it up when the engines cold the emissions light is flashing until the engine gets warm, when i put my foot down the engine seems fine but when im stood still it seems to rumble and shake. So out comes my little OBD2 scanner which is reading the fault P0304 Cylinder 4 Misfire Detected, So far I've only changed the spark plug and it seems no change at all, WD's the coil pack connections but I've got a Coil pack and new leads reserved from ECP on Monday but any other ideas?

Cheers
Hi i had the same fault on my clio 182 it turned out to be a faulty injector. Check the resistance across all injectors on the faulty injector gave a resistance of 11ohms and all the good ones 14 ohms you can do a quick test and swap round the injectors see if the fault moves. Failing that swap plugs around and see if fault moves. Hope this helps