ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Poor Fuel Consumption

Arctic Blue 182 Baby!
Wonder if anyone could help ?

My 182 is getting really bad fuel consumption, like 22mpg!!!:eek: (on the last half tank)
but the weird thing is the trip computer is telling me im averaging around 34mpg :quiet: Its always been thirsty but not like this. I'm going to fill it up at the weekend and see how far that gets me before taking it into renault.

anybody had this problem before?

RB 182 & Lotus Evora
yeah been a few posts about it. Get the lambda checked out. Should sort you out in regards to fuel consumption

L'arctic Bleu Clio 182FF
yeah been a few posts about it. Get the lambda checked out. Should sort you out in regards to fuel consumption

What is the lambda? I know its a schoolboy question, but heard this mentioned several times and don't really know what its about!...

Looks like I am on course to get about 400 miles to a full tank, but thats with steady driving and not taking the top end speed passed 65-70!...

Porsche Boxster987S
to save a seperate thread . . . how do you calculate what mpg you are getting??? heard a few people say this but i always thought it was just what the computer said????:S

Porsche Boxster987S
all of that buisness really confuses me though. ive been happy enough with my wee comp saying 30.5mpg and now i find out thats not accurate??:dapprove:

(how do you figure it out?
):eek:

edit : feel better now after trying that

Last edited:

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
fill tank to top

reset millage

drive till red light comes on

fill car up

take note of amount of litres put in

take note of miles covered

enter miles and litres into that link above

my last reading where 43litres and 326 miles

giving 34.47mpg

computer said 33.3

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
that was super eco driving, i reckon nearer 280-300 is more realistic.