ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 strange noise above 6000 rpm

05 plate clio 182
Hi hope someone can shed light on this. Got an 05 plate 182, it pulls hard up to 5000, then pulls harder as it should. At around 6000 there is a noise that I can only describe as manic morse code, bip bip bip! Car still pulls all the way to the green change gear light by which point the bip bip bip has gone. No warning lights come on, no vibrations and it does not sound mechanical.

Anyone had this problem?

BG Clio 182
Ah haha yeah there's like a green light it looks like a gearstick and gear gaitor comes in around 7,000 like an m3 or whatever telling you to shift up I think ;) ah bet that's cool haha!

05 plate clio 182
Is the car mapped? Is the sound electronic or mechanical and how does it translate to the power delivery?
Don't know if it's mapped. Only hear it under hard acceleration, I think it may be exhaust related. Doesn't affect power delivery at all.

BG Clio 182
Don't know if it's mapped. Only hear it under hard acceleration, I think it may be exhaust related. Doesn't affect power delivery at all.
Hmm I don't have a clue sounds odd. If it's exhaust related and intermittent could probably be an air leak in the manifold or something? Mine used to whistle a bit but I had the exhaust lifted and the olive join tightened and that sorted it out immediately.

05 plate clio 182
Hmm I don't have a clue sounds odd. If it's exhaust related and intermittent could probably be an air leak in the manifold or something? Mine used to whistle a bit but I had the exhaust lifted and the olive join tightened and that sorted it out immediately.

I hope that by the time I've gone through the whole car, engine mounts, suspension, exhaust, belts etc, it will have gone. If not I may take my dad's advice. Stop revving the arse off it.

Pug 206 SW, 172 CUP
They only go when you rev them! These cars just make noises. Lots of noises! Cheap, tinny little cars that are there to bring a smile to your face. I've given up chasing noises in mine.

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
Had to do it in self test mode
e468ddc77d681fdb905b78729b18e3d1.jpg