ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 strange noises (again)

Have booked my 182 in for a service....

Have told them to take a look at the rear suspension (area) of the car, as when you drive their is a constant knocking/squelching noise...

This is definately coming from the rear as when you lay the seats flat it is very noticable...

Now ive read all the stuff about the 182 creaking noises etc but that only seems to come from the front mounts..

Does anyone know what this could possibly be so i can explain to them tomorow when i drop the car off..??

kev

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode

id put money on it being a failed rear shock..... pretty common

CLIO 197 Ultra red

my thoughts exactly. my nearside left is peeing oil.. rear is knocking like hell now. cant get it looked at till next week and god knows how long parts will take etc.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode

they are pretty common to get hold of, mine come in next day, and as it wasnt covered by warranty, i did it meself, dead easy.

CLIO 197 Ultra red

mine is cup pack. will it make any difference to sourcing parts? u reckon they will be dodgey about fitting both side. want both replacing

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode

i think its only the springs that are different, shocks id imagine would be the same

forgot to say, ive got the cup pack to...

This BETTER be covered by warrenty or im just gonna leave my car with them and tell them they can keep the bloody thing...

CLIO 197 Ultra red

my thoughs exactly

the cup dampers are different. have firmer compression and softer rebound than standard 182

They couldnt find the exact source of the noise after removing the whole rear of my car but are replacing my rear bushes under warranty...??

does this sound right?

[Edited by Kiev85 on 04 May 2005 at 8:00pm]