ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 timing belt

Clio 182
Hey everyone, wanna do belts in my car but dont know wher to buy gen timing tools, reno wont sell them as i tried, mate gave me laser tools but are bent, where do i buy the from, i need all 3 for dephaser....also all belts and tools( if i find them) will cost as much if not more, than paying to have it done, £580 @ diamond motors, any one got tools for sale!

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Hey everyone, wanna do belts in my car but dont know wher to buy gen timing tools, reno wont sell them as i tried, mate gave me laser tools but are bent, where do i buy the from, i need all 3 for dephaser....also all belts and tools( if i find them) will cost as much if not more, than paying to have it done, £580 @ diamond motors, any one got tools for sale!

Have you tried asking Renault?

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
By the time you have purchased all the parts and tools I think its a waste of time doing it yourself.

Take it to someone who does them day in day out, at least you know its done properly, invoice to say its been done etc. Will be so much easier to sell the car if/when you come to that point in a few years time.

Clio 182
Renault wont sell them, im a tech so im more that cofident with the timing belt, dont think theyr hard its just getting to it, also have worked for reno, have tryed reno fish brothers, yhey gonna get back to me, hoppefully theyll sell me the tools. But thanks for a few comments, first one really helped me

Clio 182
Its not a waste of time btw, have always done everything on my car and enjoy it, i know then its done right, just cant get tool atm, but heppefully will sort it out.

A Few
The Cambelt Fitting Kit is currently back in stock online at Renault Parts Direct (which is Fish Brothers) £154.13 delivered.

Clio 182
You can just order it online and they will deliver it within a few days. They keep you informed when its been sent and when to expect delivery.
Will have a look now and buy it then, didn't know they would deliver, thanks again pal, appreciated

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
It's probably worth checking for the cambelt change guide thread on here, IIRC the autodata guide or something is actually incorrect.