ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

195 or 205?

I've seen a few threads touching on this but no concrete answers.

195 tyres are a fair bit cheaper than 205... most of the online tyre companies assume that 195 is the correct size for standard 16" wheels on a 182 but the tyres I have currently are 205/45/16 and it seems this may be the correct spec.

Will 195's fit ok and will there be any major differences in handling or wear?

Thanks.

Impreza Wagon
172 Cups came with 195 tyres as standard all 182's came with 205. I've had both and prefer the feel of the 205 tyres, just feels like the sidewalls have more support.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Car will be fine with both, unless you drive it on the edge a lot I doubt you will notice the difference between 2 high performance tyres in the different sizes.

clio 182 sport
I have 195 at the moment on my 16" wheels, im changing too 15" over the next month and will be using 195 again unless people can explain any big advantage to having 205

Cup In bits
It says it in the name really, 195/whatever/whatever or 205/whatever/whatever

So in lemans terms that's 195mm of tread touching the ground against 205mm touching the ground.

Go figure what's best. Thread closed lol.