ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 Cup

RB 182 Cup
Thinking of buying a 197 Cup

I used to own a RS Megane 225 for 6 months, had no end of trouble with it. Glad to see the back of that

Can any owners tell me what they're like to live with, any problems & any thing else they may be of use

Cheers

197cup
I test drove and ordered my Cup the other week - hit or miss with problems but def a great car. I would prob keep the vxr tho tbh

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I'd rather a mint r27 than a cup. If you can afford a 197 with the cup suspension, i can see no reason to get the 197cup.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
I really like the 197 cup's in white.

Hopefully take one out for a test drive in a couple of weeks time, as me and my GF will need a new daily driver soon.

RB 182 Cup
I'd rather a mint r27 than a cup. If you can afford a 197 with the cup suspension, i can see no reason to get the 197cup.

R27's seem to be like rocking horse sh*te, very rear

I've seen 1 197 with cup suspension on the trader. I'll have another look

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
ive just seen i ff197 in white with recaros on pistoneads for about 10k with under 10k miles

clio 172 cup
theres only problems with the engines cause ppl are tuning them with very little mileage on them.u will get just the same problems with a 197 cup but u will be about 100lb torque down and 60bhp, how much would u lose selling the vxr though mate?

Renault Clio 172 Ph2
yeah you might find the performance/characterics a bit of a shell shock - although not always bad. Quite rewarding tbh, chassis worth it