ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 in a 182 - exhaust problem

Grats

ClioSport Club Member
  Rally Car
Hi all - helpneeded before I make the final decision on solving a problem.

I am currently part way through a very slow rally car build putting a 197 engineand a mk3 Sadev sequential in a 182 – before you ask why I had the box first sobuilding the car around it. :) It’s all good fun.

I am using a182 exhaust manifold but the mk3 starter motor is just rubbing on the manifold.

Just wonderingif you know anyone else doing / donethis conversion. Did have a look on the project section and on here but couldn’tfind anything.

Current plan isjust too simply cut of a flange of a 172 exhaust manifold (get it machiningflat) to make a sandwich plate, a gasket either side and a bit of lining up andit should provide enough clearance. I may also add a lower brace (manifold to block)to help offset any extra load on the studs – had a manifold fail from fatiguebefore on another rally car simply from the extra vibrations.

So just seeingif anyone else has done this conversion and what solution they went for –smaller starter motor, modify the manifold??

thanks