ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 mpg

a 197
Hi, just re-registered as am looking at buying a 197 cup tomorrow. have already had a 172 and 2 182s and loved em. recently had a corsa vxr and got 24mpg so wondered what i should expect from the 197?
thanks mel

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
hard driving. 20mpg. maybe less.

hard road driving - 22 - 25mpg

normal driving... 26-30 mpg

drive it like your gran - 32 - 35mpg.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
We just diod 600 odd miles (quite hard driving, 30 odd minutes at 130mph etc) and averaged 26.something over the whole journey.

a 197
great thanks for that, i'll expect between 20 and 30 then depending what sort of day i've had at work ! can't wait to go and see the car tomorrow
mel

a 197
got rid of the vxr because of mpg not so much the knocking around 24mpg but also the fact i only got 29 mpg derby-newcastle and back

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
flol @ 130mph for 30 minutes! :D

I was a passenger at this point. To say i felt ill was an understatement.

Hardcore drum and Bass, MASSIVE induction kit and the usual 197 engine noise made for a very ill Dan.

Awesome car though. I drove home and forgot how much I love them. Perfect imo.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
tbh, you'll prob get similiar in the 197. maybe a touch more. all depends on your driving style.

Burgandy 174 sport t
got rid of the vxr because of mpg not so much the knocking around 24mpg but also the fact i only got 29 mpg derby-newcastle and back

Was it tuned? vxr looks like a much better place to be imo! If it had the leather recaros that is!

RB 197 fatty
expect no more mate. im getting 25.1 at the moment and thats good for me as i travel too and from work about 5 miles each way stop and start in rush hours....it kills it. have had it up to 27.8 on way up to Snetterton though. its my best so far lol!

Skoda
Did 230 miles yesterday mostly motorway ave 34mpg sat at 70 on the cruise control..... god it was boring!!! Needed to save fuel though

ST
hard driving. 20mpg. maybe less.

hard road driving - 22 - 25mpg

normal driving... 26-30 mpg

drive it like your gran - 32 - 35mpg.

Exactly the same as mine.

Put it this way if you're worried about fuel DON'T buy one!

Barge
daily driving: (short journey to work and back, round the doors, sitting in traffic :() is approx 20 - 23mpg, sometimes up to 25mpg if i'm very lucky.

motorway: best i've had was 35mpg last weekend cruise controlling it all the way at a pretty much constant speed. but usually 27-30mpg.

i'm usually impressed if i get over 24mpg tbh! prepare to spend your life in shell garage.

Renaultsport 200
If you want fuel economy get a diesel 207 and fall asleep at the wheel as you drive it.

If you want something fun and pretty much a perfect drivers car for the money, you going to have to get your wallet out and buy one AND fuel it im afraid.

Your choice.

Tangoed Works
thats really poor mpg showing from the 197 compared to the 182, even mine easily does over 40mpg if you sit at 70mph in 6th gear and these are supposed to drink?

Megane R26
Mine does 34MPG on my daily 35 mile commute @ 65/70

Average is 29/30 though - not too bad tbh.

If you want something fun and pretty much a perfect drivers car for the money, you going to have to get your wallet out and buy one AND fuel it im afraid.

Your choice.

..or a 1*2:their fuel economy is great, I regularly get over 40 on motorways which is more than my 1.4 did!

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
24mpg in a 1600cc turbo?

wtf?

Surley off boost it would sip the juice? You must have been kicking its hole in to see figures like that lol!

a 197
yer you are right and i regretted sellin the vxr and buying a more sensible car, hence looking at the 197. Any way couldn,t resist it so bought it, can,t wait to pick it up, sod the mpg, i,ll go with whatever ! Not sure my old man feels the same way but tough !

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
I get 34-37 in the 172.

Thats mostly A road and M-way driving.

The only thing that puts me off these is the mpg.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Loves it!!

He hated them a year or so back, i would dig out some posts ;) but i have a half 5 start tomorrow, so off to bed in a min!! Hows the man flu?!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
It'll turn you imo sure ;) Remember peak power is over 7k iirc, so stretch its legs. They certainly 'losen' with mileage

Clio 197 2008
standard 197 - 28 mpg here last 600 miles, 50% slow cruises, 30% everyday driving and the rest really hard thrashing. Does 40 mpg granny driving.