ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 Performance?????

Albi Blue 197
Just got myself a 197 clio sport. I love it! But for any power to be produced you have to reach atleast 4k revs. It then kicks ass at this stage! But when you do a standing pull away or a slow rolling start, my mates fiesta st seems to do well in the first few gears because i havent started on the 4k or so point so i have to wait for the revs to reach this point for any power to come through. His getting all happy about it thinking his car does well, and its standard! On a quick go on the motorway tho the clio rinses the ST. just the standing or slow rolling starts that gets me. Where does the effect of the VVT actual come in? It seems around 4-5k revs? Btw im new to this car so it will take me a few days to get use to. Ive only had it 2 days :$. Any info on the engine and how to get the most out of it would be greatly apprechiated :D

Reece.
(Ill get some pics up of her soon :) )

E46 M3
Its just the way the power is produced. The only option is to keep it above 5k. Standing starts will need a fair amount of clutch slip to not bog down.

The 197 I drove felt very flat in terms of straight line pace. Revved very well but to me it just felt like I was waiting for something to happen that never came. My 182 at the time felt a fair bit more urgent and eager to go, especially when vtec kicked in at 5000rpm. Not really surprised than an ST does a decent job of keeping up at lower speeds. You need to keep your toe in to get past one in a 182.

Evo 5 RS
same as any standard f4r, you have to work it. Only in this instance it's got an extra few pounds to pull around. You'll see a bit of grunt in the lower range from a decent remap. Something the 200 improved on out of the box.

Listerine & Poledo
You're just not revving it hard enough.

once you're into 2nd, use every single rev you've got. It aint a turbo diesel

Welcome aboard, enjoy the 197! :)

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
The 197 I drove felt very flat in terms of straight line pace. Revved very well but to me it just felt like I was waiting for something to happen that never came. My 182 at the time felt a fair bit more urgent and eager to go, especially when vtec kicked in at 5000rpm. Not really surprised than an ST does a decent job of keeping up at lower speeds. You need to keep your toe in to get past one in a 182.

LOL at v-tec y0

Clio 182 cup
Just got myself a 197 clio sport. I love it! But for any power to be produced you have to reach atleast 4k revs. It then kicks ass at this stage! But when you do a standing pull away or a slow rolling start, my mates fiesta st seems to do well in the first few gears because i havent started on the 4k or so point so i have to wait for the revs to reach this point for any power to come through. His getting all happy about it thinking his car does well, and its standard! On a quick go on the motorway tho the clio rinses the ST. just the standing or slow rolling starts that gets me. Where does the effect of the VVT actual come in? It seems around 4-5k revs? Btw im new to this car so it will take me a few days to get use to. Ive only had it 2 days :$. Any info on the engine and how to get the most out of it would be greatly apprechiated :D

Reece.
(Ill get some pics up of her soon :) )

yeah my mate had the same problem with his 197 sluggish bottom end then it all opens up like everyone said remap should cure